460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the 460 goes in my fox, i wanna put the 5.0 in my thunderbird TC. i remember there being a swap kit for this. any one know where i can find em?

thx
mark

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh. never mind. little bit slow this evenin. i allready have it all in my mustang. sorry for wastin space. thx anyhow:p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what motor mounts should i be lookin for to get a 5.0L into my 87 T/C? Perches are flat on tbird, and angled on fox. did 5.0L lincolns and tbirds have flat perches on k-member or were they angled like the mustang? 4 cyl mustangs had angled perches like 5.0L i think. any help guys?

thx
mark

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
That's the problem i ran into when putting the 460 in the 88 T-Bird i had.That's when i ended up using the 87-93 Mustang K-Member and front control arms.If you have any other questions just ask i'll try to help.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think the brake lines are also ran along the K-Member on the T-Bird which could be a problem with headers if your using them.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's the problem i ran into when putting the 460 in the 88 T-Bird i had.That's when i ended up using the 87-93 Mustang K-Member and front control arms.If you have any other questions just ask i'll try to help.

Later Mark.
cool thx, know a guy partin our a stang. sounds easy enough. thx agin mark!

mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts