460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a twenty year old nos brand plate system i purchased new in 86 or so. it is a holley square plate, black about 3/8 thick with twin tubes. memory has gotten to me(crs). is it possible it was a fixed hp without jets? as i cannot find any jets in line with any of the fittings or selenoids. i recall on my 84 gt 5.0 carbed car it helped by a half second and 5 mph in the quarter. i was thinking of using it on my burger engine build for my zephie, thanks for any info, bobn

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
zephyrbob said:
i got a twenty year old nos brand plate system i purchased new in 86 or so. it is a holley square plate, black about 3/8 thick with twin tubes. memory has gotten to me(crs). is it possible it was a fixed hp without jets? as i cannot find any jets in line with any of the fittings or selenoids. i recall on my 84 gt 5.0 carbed car it helped by a half second and 5 mph in the quarter. i was thinking of using it on my burger engine build for my zephie, thanks for any info, bobn
Yes, sounds like the "Power Shot" system I have. Fixed at 125 h.p. , no jets needed. You may want to purchase solenoid rebuild kits, as it's been setting around for quite a while. They are pretty cheap, and easy to install.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You might also take a look at the size and number of the holes in the spray bars. I think the non-adjustable plates might have had either smalled (or fewer) holes in the spray bars than the adjustable plates did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts