460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
200" mild steel dragster with trailer. Super light weight, new 10" rear wheel with 10.5" slicks, quick change rear end, autometer tach, shift light, and gauges. Will make a killer bracket car. The car is located in Poplar Bluff, MO. NO TRADES!!! $4000 email [email protected]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it had a v6 turbo motor in it. It would take a 4-6-8.. not sure about a big block. It is not certified. It could be I am sure.

D

·
0 Posts
It would be a whole lot of money to get that car to certify for anything Fast in IHRA or NHRA if it will certify at all. You may want to post it on one of the Mud / Sand racer forums where they are much lighter on rules. Alot of mud Sand racers buy older non-cert chassis to play with.

That quick change rear won't live behind any thing fast in a pavement drag application either.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will certify to 8.50 I am sure.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I thought they have to have helmet bars to certify ,that one doesn't have them ? You ought to take it and get it certified yourself ,it'll make it sell alot faster.Good luck!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is mostly a run what you brung deal at a non sanctioned track.... If it certifies great if not, you can add bars and make it certify if you want to run NHRA/IHRA. NONE of our local 1/8 miles requires anything but a helment.

D

·
0 Posts
Guess what I'm trying to say is buyer beware, Judging by the pictures posted the design if this dragster does not appear to up to par with Typical dragster safety or design and you may not be allowed to run at any sanctioned tracks with it............... Please note the Single Brake........Attachment of the Rear End...... Size of Bars and Lack of Proper Bars, Ect.......... I'm guessing it was built for some small CC motor cycle / Snow Mobile engine or something? It is not designed for any thing like a Big V8.

I don't want to see some one uninformed person buy this car and be disapointed that its pretty much useless, I've already been down that road............and If you are so confident that it will certify, please have it checked out and report back with your findings and what is require to get a proper safety cert on the car....... Thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
There might be ALOT more to it then just adding the helmet bars. Depending on the bar location, some have to be a certain diameter and wall thickness. Also has to have bars in the right places.

There is no 8.50 cert for dragsters, that I'm aware of..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts