460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#27 is flashing and I noticed the passenger deactivation switch is either not working or the bulb is burned out. What is code 27? I searched the net and couldn't find it for my year model.

I called my local Ford dealer before I realized that the flashing light was actually a code and all they would tell me is that I need to come in and pay $100 for them to run a diagnostic test. I even mentioned that the dash light was flashing randomly, and they did not bother to tell me that its a code if you watch it closely. I asked if my OBD-II scanner would read this and they said "No, you need a $30,000 machine like we have in our shop to read any codes" After thinking about the flashes I googled it and realized that they can be read from the flashes :evil: I feel like calling that dealership back and telling them to stick it. What ever happened to good customer service? I will not go back to that dealer :x

·
Registered
31 Posts
There are 2 codes that could cause the Air Bag lamp to flash a 27. First is a B1884, open or short to ground on the Passenger Air-bag Deactivation (PAD) switch, which can set due to a burned out activation switch bulb. And a B1890, PAD switch short to battery.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, that makes sense

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to radio shack and bought a $2 light, soldered it in and the problem is solved.

Ford wanted $100 for a diagnostic test and then $125 for the switch assembly, not to mention their bad customer service. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts