460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, firstly don't know where the year has gone, kids getting married, new grandchildren etc, so haven't been on the site too much, Josi and I are flying into Chicago tomorrow(thurs), picking the bike up fri and off up into northern Michigan across to Wisconsin, looping back to Chicago, never been up that end before, going to fly across to Toronto and see the falls before flying back to uk, as I always ask any pointers to things to see/do on route? And of course if I bump into you on route I,ll buy you a beer, hello to all our west coast buddies, hope everyone is healthy. Dave and josi

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Been a while...

Dave-Josi, Great to hear from you again. Time flies and we all kinda loose track of it. Hope all is well with both of you and I hope you guys have a fun and safe trip. Keep us updated on your progress, pics would be cool too....Best regards, Bob & Donna.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Josi and I are flying into Chicago tomorrow(thurs), picking the bike up fri and off up into northern Michigan across to Wisconsin, looping back to Chicago, never been up that end before
Ever been in Michigan before at all? There's a lot of nice places in the lower part of Michigan ..... Traverse City, Charlevoix, Petoskey, Mackinaw City, Mackinac Bridge, Mackinac Island, not to forget the U.P. of Michigan. Northern Michigan (Michigan overall) just a beautiful place during summer.

Good Luck on your journey, be safe and have fun ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re trip

Thanks mike, got out of Chicago (eventually) got caught in a monster thunderstorm on route to saugatuck, wet to the bone but good overnight stay in saugatuck, weather been pretty good today, decent ride up to empire, staying in a little b & b tonight, going the scenic route to mackinac tomorrow, overnighting on the island, weather set to be a little showery hopefully we will be lucky. Dave and josi

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trip update

Good day today, weather great, rode up 31, 22, and 119. Overnighting on mackinaw island tonight, it's a neat place, heading across to Marquette tomorrow. Dave

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Marquette ok, not as quaint as would have liked but good ride up there, another nice ride up to Ashland wi today, but big weather change from tonight, typical! Not a long one tomorrow, heading southwest, rhinelander to pembine and on to the Harley museum in Milwaukee. Dave

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Out of curiosity what are riding for a Bike? Sounds like a great trip appreciate the updates.

I ride as well I have an 09 Streetglide.

D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trip

Hi d, Electra glide, always rent one for the luggage space, have a 2000 fltri at home in uk, converted it to carb as the mm efi was a pita, going to sit around here in Ashland a few hours before moving south, the storm is still moving through. Dave

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trip update

Sorry bob, been a bit slack with pics, Josi will take some tomorrow with the iPad, got into rhinelander, rain all the way! Josi was so cold, down to 9 degrees not fun! Should have the worst of the weather out of the way, shame as the ride would have been good, can't odds nature I suppose! Dave & josi

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Trip update

Currently in Appleton, another cold ride today, little wet at the end, whilst we were at rhinelander there were snow flurries! Wtf! Weather has really screwed us this year, going to the Harley museum tomorrow on route to overnight in Naperville for Josi shopping! At the outlets, bike back Sunday and then to Toronto see the falls before flying back. Dave and Josi bob should be a couple of pics on there, Josi is under all those layers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Damn weather....you guys coulda stayed home and had the same...didn't have to travel half way around the world just to get rained and snowed on. Sorry 'bout that.....So much for Global Warming and all that stuff. Be safe and stay warm & dry.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re trip

Yeh bob it's a bummer, now in Naperville, weather was cool but dry today, Harley museum good, just done shopping! Short hop to the rental place tomorrow, hand back the bike and off to O'hare for Toronto flight. Dave & josi

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trip

Back in uk now, weather 23 degrees! The day trip to niagra was good, niagra on the lake and that general area is pretty, shame we were in a mini bus, still the falls were worth seeing from the boat so a good end, and although the weather was crap we did ok, saving now for the oz gold coast tour in mar next year, flights booked, bike/tour booked, and unusually for us it's a group event so I can kick back, relax and let someone else lead the way, back up vehicle etc so should be a blast, all the best. Dave and Josi

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Glad you guys enjoyed your trip in spite of the weather. The Gold Coast trip sounds great. You'll be there in the late summer [or is that early fall?] so hopefully there shouldn't be any more weather issues. But then again there shouldn't have been bad weather here in the states either....LOL

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re trip

Thanks bob, wish the funds and time would run to a west coast trip next year, still we will be back!! Love to Donna dave and josi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts