460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is this July, not that I hung out with many of my classmates, the gearheads were a small group lol. My buddy with the outlaw car will be going, prolly the only reason I'm even considering it. I bet nobody can say they still have the car they drove their senior year....:D:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 20th is next month also! Dammmm 20 years sure seemed to go by quick! Ya not much of a gearhead crowd at my school either....and most of them where cheby geeks! Unfortunetly I dont have my HS car....it was a 57 Fairlane 500 that I put a built 390/toploader in, black and white. I sure miss her!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Damn...you guys are old...my 20th isn't until next year...

If I would have known I was gonna' live this long, I would have taken better care of myself...:(

·
Registered
379 Posts
my 30th was last year and no i dont have the 66 thunderbird.i do see it every now and then on warm sunny days.......it makes my heart drop i miss it so mutch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
wanna bet! I still have the car I had in highschool! I am going to my 30 year reunion this summer.....

My Cougar has the same engine in it also, and it is "only" .030 over. 43 year old block, crank and rods..... pistons are 30 years old. I have a new top end on it and have "freshened it" many times. Ran a 10.78 last weekend in the heat at 3500# and 5100' of air. Last time I put rings and bearings in it was 6 years ago.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I drove the car I bought right out of college to work today. I bought it just over 21 years ago
70K mile 1989 mustang GT convertible

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Got my 20th this summer too Jon. Nope don't have the 79F150 SWB any more, but it is still in town. MEMORIES:( I should go buy it back from the guy, but it's still a POS just like it was when I drove it back then.:D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
when to my 30th in '06 with the same car I had when I Grad'ed in ,a Red '67 Mustang GTA fastback , 427 sideoiler, ported med riser heads , sidewinder intake , forged crank , Lemans rods, Venoila pistons , factory 425 hp cam and you guessed it a C6 , the oly things that are different is the motor is now a streetable 11.9 to 1 (was 14.6) cam still the same old SS /grind , headers are now creramic coated and the C6 has a transbrake ,the interior is still mostly factory ,carpet and the front seat covers are repos but all the Brushed stainless is all factory and the modled door trim panels are repos and If I'm still alive in 2016 I'll be taking it to my 40th
Frank

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
when to my 30th in '03 with the same car I had when I Grad'ed in ,a Red '67 Mustang GTA fastback , 427 sideoiler, ported med riser heads , sidewinder intake , forged crank , Lemans rods, Venoila pistons , factory 425 hp cam and you guessed it a C6 , the oly things that are different is the motor is now a streetable 11.9 to 1 (was 14.6) cam still the same old SS /grind , headers are now creramic coated and the C6 has a transbrake ,the interior is still mostly factory ,carpet and the front seat covers are repos but all the Brushed stainless is all factory and the modled door trim panels are repos and If I'm still alive in 2013 I'll be taking it to my 40th
Frank

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Mine is this July, not that I hung out with many of my classmates, the gearheads were a small group lol. My buddy with the outlaw car will be going, prolly the only reason I'm even considering it. I bet nobody can say they still have the car they drove their senior year....:D:D
Yer a lightweight....j/k, I went to my 40th reunion 2 years ago and I still have the car when I graduated in 67....a 60 Ford Starliner - orig. a 360 hp 352, 3 sp./with OD. Now a 460 with a C6......and I have the build sheet on it.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
My 20th was last year. I didn't find out about it until a month after it happened. Didn't even occur to me that it had been twenty years. People took pictures and I did a little catching up with a few of them. It's always interesting to see how people age. Seems like we're at the point where some people look 30 and others look 50. :eek:

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
I am like this I didn't care to much for the Idiots when I went to school with then and I had to, and now I won't go back to see them cuz I want too..... and Yes I still have my high school car. 67 merc cougar it is apart right now but I still have it all.....and another thing my graduation was 33 years ago :D

Randy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
wow you guys are OLD!. I skipped my 10th last year. I hated most of the poser fags when i went there then, so aside from sayin hi in passing to them i have no desire to spend and evening with them. the liquor would just end up causing a brew ha ha. I do not have my high school 85 F150. got rear ended at highway speeds by a chevette. it was still drivable but it took a lot of $$ of damage. Actually i'm on my 9th DD since..Plus a lot of demo cars and yard beaters. LOL

·
Registered
371 Posts
I still got my 65 fairlane! My 20th reunion is this summer also!

·
Registered
371 Posts
when to my 30th in '03 with the same car I had when I Grad'ed in ,a Red '67 Mustang GTA fastback , 427 sideoiler, ported med riser heads , sidewinder intake , forged crank , Lemans rods, Venoila pistons , factory 425 hp cam and you guessed it a C6 , the oly things that are different is the motor is now a streetable 11.9 to 1 (was 14.6) cam still the same old SS /grind , headers are now creramic coated and the C6 has a transbrake ,the interior is still mostly factory ,carpet and the front seat covers are repos but all the Brushed stainless is all factory and the modled door trim panels are repos and If I'm still alive in 2013 I'll be taking it to my 40th
Frank
Frank you make me jealous! LOL! That sounds like a bad *** ride. any photos?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts