460 Ford Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Entered for the Western Nationals this weekend. Had the trans and converter out after shake down passes a few weeks ago, and converter stall showed as 7000-7100 rpm on the hit, bit high so Simon at Allfast has pulled 750 rpm out of it and I've upped to an 8000 chip in the limiter. Trans as always looked fine, so with 4 qualifiers on the weekend I hope to start putting down some representative passes. A mid 7 @ around 175 would be nice starting point.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
A Big Win

Hi all,

Well I won the Western Nationals but didn't get my record. I was advised by a wise friend to Race , not go for the record, because it will come. So I concentrated on going rounds and ended up with Summit Western Nationals win. [email protected] is definitely not as fast as it will go, but mildly modified C6 with shift kit, foot brake racing off a 3000 two step, 9000rpm chip, it hauls ***. Happy as!

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi all,

Well I won the Western Nationals but didn't get my record. I was advised by a wise friend to Race , not go for the record, because it will come. So I concentrated on going rounds and ended up with Summit Western Nationals win. [email protected] is definitely not as fast as it will go, but mildly modified C6 with shift kit, foot brake racing off a 3000 two step, 9000rpm chip, it hauls ***. Happy as!
Just saw this. Congrats 385 brother.
Was there lots of chevy tears as you where putting them on the trailer?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
New PB [email protected]

Grand Finals were on the weekend and whilst we are not in the points race, it was a good chance to do some testing on a prepped track.

Ran PBs all day and finished with a [email protected] 175.6 mph. This with 60 foots of 1.057, 1.058 and 1.054!

Will pull down the car and give the engine and trans a good look over , but there's heeps left in it to make next season interesting. We have not played with ignition or cam timing yet, still at 30* adv and straight up. Also we may still be a little fat at the top, haven't run the hi-speed yet.

Daytime run video at the FB link,

https://www.facebook.com/john.althuizen/posts/10211142792038774

81 - 91 of 91 Posts