460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are there no production 2x3 manifolds for 385 series ? I don't see why it wouldn't work or why it wouldn't sell. I know there are a few prototypes out there but that doesn't do us any good.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Why are there no production 2x3 manifolds for 385 series ? I don't see why it wouldn't work or why it wouldn't sell. I know there are a few prototypes out there but that doesn't do us any good.
They are out there. Just not real popular and you really have to know what you're doing to make them work right. Mopar had the best luck with them on 340s and 440s.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Why? Because unless you’re talking about a tunnel ram a single 4 will out perform any multiple carb option that’s out there and do it with more simplicity and reliability.

You should spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars on patterns and castings and machining and development and have one made then sell them.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
And, "Three Deuces" is more of a retro theme intake for engines like flatheads, nailheads, rockets and the like. The 429/460 is a later engine, not installed in streetrods and 50s rides often enough to deserve the development I'm sure.

·
Registered
243 Posts
And fuel injection came along...

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you really wanted one, plenty of outfits sell open plenum manifolds. A plate could be made to mount 3 deuces. If I did it, it would be with three 2 barrel throttle bodies and mpfi though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not to come off like a dick but they just flat out don't perform and the carbs would have to be pretty big to feed even a bone stock 460 it would be a waste of money but they do sound cool when all three are all wide open.😏

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
506 Posts
Once upon a time there was a dual inline autocraft cross-boss style intake made for the Boss 429, just an experimental piece really. It was made for NASCAR use at the superspeedways... Ànd someone on here posted a 2x4 setup video a lil while back, but beyond that about all you'll see for our big blocks are 4150's, 4500's and tunnel rams....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts