460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinkin of building a 302 into a 327 stroker to piss off the chevy guys any one got any info on this build. I have two complete blocks to work from just need a parts and specs to bore and what to stroke it to.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
That's a VERY easy build to do, 3.25 stroke with a +.030 bore gets you 331cid. The blocks on those Ford small blocks are horribly junky but it will probably be pretty reliable at any reasonable horsepower level below about 500.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
a friend had a 327 in his street car with a/c and all ran a high 11 on motor and a low 11 on a 75 shot. he did not want to go to a 347 because of rod angle and a weak stock block.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info why a 327 i want to piss off the chevy guys we all ready whip there *** with a ratty old mustang we call junkstang it runs a 347 but they have figured out how to out law the car from the track cause the chevy boys are scared so thought a new car with a 327 ford would get them thinkin we are runnin a chevy motor when its actualy a ford and still kickin there ***.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
I've done a 355 cid in a 302 block with success. Actually this was an old build that I freshened up for a guy who had been running it in a circle track application with excellent results. It was the same displacement but about 60lbs lighter than a Chevy or 351 based Ford.

Just tell them it's a 327 or a 260 or whatever....

Several years ago Scott Main had a 408 incher in a 8.200 deck block!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I've done a 355 cid in a 302 block with success. Actually this was an old build that I freshened up for a guy who had been running it in a circle track application with excellent results. It was the same displacement but about 60lbs lighter than a Chevy or 351 based Ford.

Just tell them it's a 327 or a 260 or whatever....

Several years ago Scott Main had a 408 incher in a 8.200 deck block!
You don't have a link to that do you, or tell me how he did it, Cool deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts