460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the 77 f150 351m out and got the 76 460 ready to put in. Placed it in engine bay but removed trans bolts so we would slide the trans back a little ways so when the engine was placed back in, all we needed to do was slide the trans forward. Bell housing was already on motor before we dropped it back in. Once motor was in trans was slid forward, bell housing and trans fit snug with no gaps. After dropping into motor mounts and setting motor, I found the transmission is out of place on its mount and brackets by about 1/2".

I used JBG motor mounts for the swap and they bolted right up. What do I need to do in order to get the trans back into place?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Finally pulled the 77 f150 351m out and got the 76 460 ready to put in. Placed it in engine bay but removed trans bolts so we would slide the trans back a little ways so when the engine was placed back in, all we needed to do was slide the trans forward. Bell housing was already on motor before we dropped it back in. Once motor was in trans was slid forward, bell housing and trans fit snug with no gaps. After dropping into motor mounts and setting motor, I found the transmission is out of place on its mount and brackets by about 1/2".

I used JBG motor mounts for the swap and they bolted right up. What do I need to do in order to get the trans back into place?
I have done those swaps over 50 times since the early 80s, and never ever moved the trans, you prob have the engine mounts switched,or they are made wrong,

put the trans back in the stock,and then try to reinstall the eng mounts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts