460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sponsor (the wife) says were ok to finally buy a set of boggers, but now what size? I set my truck up to run 35's mostly so I dont break anything. I've got dana 60's front and back but stock axles. I think I only have 1330 u-joints in the drive shafts (I'll have to measure, they're not big anyway) and my truck is somewhere between 5200 and 5500 pounds. I do mud bogs, hill climbing, abstacle courses, and truck pulls. I tried a set of 38's and I could turn them ok, the only thing I would need the bigger tire for is the mud and I'm not really sure how much difference three inches would make. I have 4:56
gears c6 with 2500 stall. oh and stock style hubs. I've broken axles with the 35's would I be looking at more breakage with 38's?

· Registered
1,181 Posts
I think you'd be fine with the 38s on everything except maybe the truck pulls. The extra clearance in the mud would make a big difference and be well worth it. I think if you upgraded to chromoly outers in the front and chromoly in the rear as well you'd be pretty well bullet proof for the stuff you're doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.