460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 f250 and I can find the 38 gallon fuel tanks for up to 89 models my ? Is what modification would be need to make it work on a 95 I know the fuel pump needs to be modified for the extra deep sump but to me it looks like a direct bolt in

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have a 95 f250 and I can find the 38 gallon fuel tanks for up to 89 models my ? Is what modification would be need to make it work on a 95 I know the fuel pump needs to be modified for the extra deep sump but to me it looks like a direct bolt in
I don't know about a single 38 gallon for a '95 model, but you can get even more capacity by using a 32 gallon Bronco tank in the rear, and keeping your 18 gallon in the forward position for a total of 50 gallons. You'll still have the tank switch valve, but you'll have a lot of fuel on board. You will have to ditch the spare tire mount though.

The first 38 gallon I knew about was on the Superduty models.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know about a single 38 gallon for a '95 model, but you can get even more capacity by using a 32 gallon Bronco tank in the rear, and keeping your 18 gallon in the forward position for a total of 50 gallons. You'll still have the tank switch valve, but you'll have a lot of fuel on board. You will have to ditch the spare tire mount though.

The first 38 gallon I knew about was on the Superduty models.
You can fit a 38 gallon tank in the rear and the standard 18 gal in front as well. There's a real good write up on a powerstroke forum if you google the swap.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts

It's a great upgrade!! I just finished mine eliminated the midship tank and the problematic tank switch. Probably the best upgrade i have made on my 85.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts