460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 1976 Ford F-250 highboy has a 390 with a c6 auto in it now, just bought a 1979 460 completely stock, what conversion kits do I need? Looking to build the 460 to a reliable 450-500hp. Stroker kits? Heads etc.

·
Registered
193 Posts
L & L

I would get the conversion mounts/towers from l & L Products, along with their headers & accessory brackets. Nice quality stuff & fits well. As you probably know, the trans will have to changed for the "335"/ "385" style C6......................No need to stroke your core ENG to get to your desired power level, just a well machined bottom end assy & some good heads. I have used the TFS 290 heads with great success & there is no need for 'custom' notched pistons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you have to get a whole different tans? is that some kit you can get threw l&l. Also, are there any parts that will be interchangeable from my 390 to my 460.. any commin clearance issues with the starring shaft, booster?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Afaik you shouldn't have issues with steering or brakes. The steering will depend on your headers. It looks like I'll be heading in a similar direction with my 69. I'll likely do acv swap with a lift though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts