460 Ford Forum banner

393 CLEVELAND BUILD HP & TQ QUESS!!

24K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  2slow 
#1 · (Edited)
Just for fun here is a small block build for the cleveland lovers! This engine has been built and dynoed.......heres the specs, all parts are off the shelf

Factory 2 bolt block
4.030 bore, 3.850 stroke
393 cibic inch
Eagle crank
Scat h-beam rods 6 inch
Srp pistons
Heads AFD 2V alloy 200cc OTB....flow 300cfm at .650 lift, exh 219cfm
Intake valves 2.125, Exhaust valves 1.650
Torque Power single plane inatke
Carb is 750 mighty demon, Barry grant
Hvh 1 inch spacer
Cam 264/268 & 666/678 @ 0.050 solid flat tappet, lope sep 110, intake center line 106
Howards roller rockers 1.73
IC&E Distributor
Headers 1 3/4 four into one
Compression 12.1
Timing 30deg
Premium unleaded fuel

Will post the results by the end of the week!

See less See more
#5 ·
I pulled 500 FT lbs @ 4300 RPM and 500 HP @ 6000 with my last 351C .030 over, ported factory heads, Almost a .600 lift cam 9.8 to 1 comp, ported Torqer.
Things that hurt were Chevy rockers and thier bad geometry reduced lift, intake and 850 BG were too small.
Factory heads ported flowed 330 @ .600 lift, Intake dropped flow to 290, rockers dropped lift to 270 flow numbers.
No real tuning was done while on dyno.
Engine was going in a Pantera so was stuck with the intake. Would have pulled around 650 with correct rockers.

#12 ·
I agree, 950 carb with a tfc intake or the new afd intake would work much better, plus bigger 1 7/8 headers would help to push it past the 600hp mark easy IMO. Custom cam would have been a better option aswell.

Just had a buddy who built a 434ci small block with CHI heads on pump gas.............made 780hp & 620tq:eek::eek: going over there this weekend to check it out!!

#13 ·
The Shelby Mustang motor mentioned was hitting 650 RWHP but shut it down as it couldnt be held down as mentioned and was my DD for years.

Did port a set of Yates heads for a guy about half ported. Was flowing 360 CFM dont remember the lift. Absolutle the quietest heads at that flow of any I have tested or ported. He pulled 720 RWHP it was to be a DD too.

You have to pretend C motors are big blocks and require like 2" or better headers and 3" exhaust.

#14 ·
Have ever played with or built an engine with the aussie CHI heads?

Also have you seen the new CLEVELAND block by ARROW?.....4 bolt mains, thicker webbing, better oilling system so they say.

Its cast in China, but machined in WA, Australia. Looks to be a nice block.........i think around $3200-$3500 aus dollars. Dont know what the max cubic inches are.

Cheers, Bob

#24 ·
Chit trickles downhill, if his personal shop doesn't care about QC do you think his 3rd party supplier will? Also the guys on the cleveland forum don't seem very excited about it and finding good blocks are the biggest draw back to that motor. They are excited about the new Arrow block and the "Buttermore" block.

All that said, I would love for the actual Titus block to come to fruition and be everything its claimed and to prove me wrong!

#25 ·
Would make more power with a good carb. One that Barry Grant never touched. I'd throw his carb in the trash where it belongs. Once he messes with one there is usually no fixing it, it's junk. That man is a sorry excuse for a common hack and knows NOTHING about carbs. I wouldn't even let him turn the screws on my lawn mower engine let alone mess with a automotive carb. I heard he went bankrupt some time ago and hope for the sake of people that know no better of his INCOMPETENCE he stays that way.

#30 ·
No, I have not been banned. Im not that computer savvy, and theres some kind of program or firewall that will not allow me to join Network 54...even though I think this site is also a N54 site, but it wont let me access any new ones.

2 slow, whats the problems with the aluminum blocks??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.