460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to find any tall valve covers with 3 bolt holes on intake side and 4 on exhaust. All I can find are the 4 bottom and 2 on top side, except for some ugly unfinished trick flows and not sure they would fit my head. I am running scorpion roller rockers and just need a little more height clearance. I even looked for spacers, not gonna pay 160$ for 3/4 inch spacers. All the fabbed ones on ebay or other sites only have 2 bolt holes intake side. I did find one nice looking pair of 7 bolt aluminums but they wanted 250$ for em. So if anyone has a link to a site or is sittin on a pair, stamped steel or aluminum fabbed, half decent looking for around the 75-125 range please let me know. Thanks for your time and god bless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like to fill tiny holes I guess, and why not use it?

I am just trying to utilize what is there I think that's a pretty long span to go without a bolt when the bolts that are there aren't much tighter than finger tight to begin with, also there is a hole there for it. Less chance of leakage maybe? why not put a hole for a bolt there?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
The covers that only have two bolts on the intake side are so stiff, there's no need for a center bolt. They don't bend or leak at all.

;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The covers that only have two bolts on the intake side are so stiff, there's no need for a center bolt. They don't bend or leak at all.

;)
x2 never had any issues

Derrick

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for info

As you probably guessed This is my first BBF and first performance build with aftermarket valvetrain, thank you for the info and thanks for not getting frustrated with my ignorance and lack of common knowledge info ,god bless, wade

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts