460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im am wanting a 2wd 4 speed for my 429. I have a T-10 bord warner but its for a 4wd and now im kind of screwed. Maybe someone has an extension housing for that to convert it to a 2wd but if not i would like to get a different 4 speed. If you have something let me know please. Im converting my 1972 pickup from a c6 to a 4 speed. thanks josh

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Im am wanting a 2wd 4 speed for my 429. I have a T-10 bord warner but its for a 4wd and now im kind of screwed. Maybe someone has an extension housing for that to convert it to a 2wd but if not i would like to get a different 4 speed. If you have something let me know please. Im converting my 1972 pickup from a c6 to a 4 speed. thanks josh
can you post a pic of that 4 wheel drive T10

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i can tomorrow, I tried to install it but my drive shaft is to short and now i dont know what to do. Are you interested in it. I will sell it to you. I have no use for it. I looked up an extension housing on ebay and i dont want to pay that price just for an extension housing.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey man, ever thought about a t-18 or t-19 fourspeed?......That would be perfect for a truck......offroad anyway. The early and mid 80's trucks with a 460 always have them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya i appreciate guys, especially if you could keep a look out for one FACracr. I appreciate the offer Infoford, money is a little tight right now. In a couple of weeks if you still have it, I might have to hit you back up for it. Thanks you guys for helpin me out.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Might go for a NP435. Great truck transmissions and they are dime a dozen. I had a NP435 and bell for 460 I was gonna use for my F-250, but I snagged a ZF5 for real cheap to use instead. Check your yards, they are everywhere. You should be able to use a small block 435 as long as you have a big block bell, in case all big blocks you find are for married case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts