460 Ford Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need to plumb the brake system today. below is my crude drawing of my plan.

4 wheel DISC brakes
cobra master cylinder
manual brake conversion with correct pedal
all original rear brakes and lines
I do have a proportioning valve from wilwood, but unsure if needed, or where to place

I need to plumb this today if you see something wrong please post, or call me!!!! 4843189865 Frank

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Put the proportioning valve between the m/c and the rear brakes.

Because of weight transfer while braking, the rear brakes don't 'brake' as much as the front brakes. With that being the case, the proportioning valve goes inline with the rear brakes to reduce the line pressure ---> thereby reducing the amount of braking force supplied by the rear brakes.

If you don't 'need' the proportioning valve, you can open it all the way up. Like that, the rear brakes won't be affected by its pressence.

Have a good day!
Mcihael

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
The proprtioning valve help if you have to brake in a hurry it helps keep the rear from locking up as quick and lets the front work better by reducing line pressure i would use it but will work without just might throw you in a spin in haevy brake without it

x2 on what Micheal said

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the proportioning valve between the m/c and the rear brakes.

Because of weight transfer while braking, the rear brakes don't 'brake' as much as the front brakes. With that being the case, the proportioning valve goes inline with the rear brakes to reduce the line pressure ---> thereby reducing the amount of braking force supplied by the rear brakes.

If you don't 'need' the proportioning valve, you can open it all the way up. Like that, the rear brakes won't be affected by its pressence.

Have a good day!
Mcihael

Have a good day!
Michael

Mike were you the one who called me? If so thanks!

To everyone else who helped: Thanks! I appreciate all your help!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.