460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for big block motor mounts for my Torino. Tbird, montego, cougar and mark 4 are interchangeable I think? Also wondering about exhaust as I’m thinking to much work fitting headers. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,281 Posts
Get the entire mount from:

72 to 78 Mark 4 or 5
72 to 76 thunder bird.

There is an insulator and a block mount.

Mount sits directly on the frame.

Stan Johnson owner of FPA headers has a header for the application that fits very well. Mid length.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the entire mount from:

72 to 78 Mark 4 or 5
72 to 76 thunder bird.

There is an insulator and a block mount.

Mount sits directly on the frame.

Stan Johnson owner of FPA headers has a header for the application that fits very well. Mid length.

SJ
used 2b RHP

Thanks! Those headers seem popular for tight spots!! They’d sure work in my Torino ya think? Such a tight spot I thought for sure I’d have to go stock exhaust. He doesn’t have a website hey? Best place to buy and does it matter what year or make the car is?

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Stan at FPA is good people, running his headers on my car. Below is the link to his site.

Reactions: CJJ

·
Premium Member
9,281 Posts
do you know the part numbers? Are they 3 parts? That be great
Bracket that bolts to engine, heat shield, insulator.

I have posted pics of the MM set up in other posts like this.

SJ
used 2b RHP
20200826_164252[1].jpg
20200826_164309[1].jpg

·
Premium Member
9,281 Posts
Even if they are pretty grungy I've rarely seen a pair that has failed.
The mounts were so good that they were never serviced in the aftermarket.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me verify that they are good. I took them off the engine and really didnt give them much thought. I will try to look at them tonight.
I really appreciate your honesty! Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Even if they are pretty grungy I've rarely seen a pair that has failed.
The mounts were so good that they were never serviced in the aftermarket.

SJ
used 2b RHP
I checked that site. It said up to 74 Torinos, but passenger cars it did say my year? They will for sure work on a 76 Torino? Sounds to good to be true
Brackets are in good shape but rubbers are destroyed. Will do $50 plus shipping. View attachment 92498 View attachment 92499 View attachment 92500 View attachment 92502
anyone know if rubber can be replaced easily?

·
Premium Member
9,281 Posts
ALL INTERMEDIATE BBF mounts are the same. There were some slight differences but the mount and corresponding engine bracket from the cars mentioned WILL GET a BBF into your torino.

You can find the drivers side insulator at classique cars. They are NOS. Pass side is difficult to find.

The full size mounts are completely different. LTD and Marquis as well as the Town coupe and Continental.

Stan Johnson has a header to fit your application. I've had countless clients utilize them.

1972 to 1976 Thunderbird
1972 to 1979 Mark
1972 to 1976 montego
1972 to 1976 torino
1977 to 1979 thunderbird is also an intermediate as is the cougar and LTD 2
1974 to 1976 Cougar
1972 to 1979 ranchero

ALL of the above are intermediate chassis vehicles.

I believe dearborn classics and crites have mounts available but they relocate the engine slightly and raise it.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ALL INTERMEDIATE BBF mounts are the same. There were some slight differences but the mount and corresponding engine bracket from the cars mentioned WILL GET a BBF into your torino.

You can find the drivers side insulator at classique cars. They are NOS. Pass side is difficult to find.

The full size mounts are completely different. LTD and Marquis as well as the Town coupe and Continental.

Stan Johnson has a header to fit your application. I've had countless clients utilize them.

1972 to 1976 Thunderbird
1972 to 1979 Mark
1972 to 1976 montego
1972 to 1976 torino
1977 to 1979 thunderbird is also an intermediate as is the cougar and LTD 2
1974 to 1976 Cougar
1972 to 1979 ranchero

ALL of the above are intermediate chassis vehicles.

I believe dearborn classics and crites have mounts available but they relocate the engine slightly and raise it.

SJ
used 2b RHP
Thanks so much! You don’t know how much you’re helping! Definitely going with the headers and still working on mounts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I checked that site. It said up to 74 Torinos, but passenger cars it did say my year? They will for sure work on a 76 Torino? Sounds to good to be true

anyone know if rubber can be replaced easily?
K if you’re confident the brackets are solid I will take them. Shipping is to
139 Georgian Way
Sherwood Park
AB T8A2W5
Canada
PayPal?

·
Premium Member
9,281 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Pic from this website. Only drivers side is available.

SJ
used 2b RHP

Yes I did see that last night and thanks! I might have a line on some used ones here in Alberta. Just waiting an email back. As far as the headers, should I call them to make sure I get the right ones? Thanks again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will get a shipping quote tomorrow.
Maybe wait on that. I got an email back that there might be some in Alberta? I don’t want to waste your time. I’ll let you know either way

1 - 20 of 37 Posts