460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have both and 1 of them needs to go to fund the last couple things that need to be buttoned up on my build.

Motor: 523 10.5:1, 700 lift roller cam, Victor intake, max ported large valve D0ve-c's, etc.... you get the idea.

In a '78 Bronco that will see a little street use, but mostly sand drags and plain old fun running around in the dunes. Some hill climbing, but usually nothing steeper than 40 degrees. I haven't had any issues stalling out the 4150, but no experience with a 4500.

I have a Pro Systems 1000 cfm 4150 and a 1050 Dommy. I ran the 4150 last year and it was flawless. I'm thinking about making the jump to the Dommy.

Which would you choose and why?

Edit- crap- wrong section. Mod- please move...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Have PATRICK go thru the 4500

·
Registered
3,759 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
IMO I would go with the Dominator considering the cubic inches and cam that you have ( that is if you have a dominator intake-don't use a adapter or you will lose flow). The best thing would be to sell both and go with fuel injection. That way it won't stall out on steep grades..

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Just put your pro system 1000 on it and let her eat, then change it over later so you can see the difference, the Dominator will out perform the 1000 all day long, its funny they say they are the same cfm and they are really but the Dommy will out perform it, the 1000 may idle and respond better but not WOT!!!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually have a 4500 Vic on it and it's adapted down for the 4150. I'll start with the 4150 for now and probably send the 4500 up to Pat later this summer when I replenish my funds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts