460 Ford Forum banner

429 / 460 Billet Timing Cover?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Paul Kane 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I haven't been on here for quite a while but wanted to catch back up with everyone.
Im building the 69 Fastback ( Stacy David Gearz Season 15 Episode 3 "Old Faded Levis)
with a Hot Stroker 521cid, T56 Magnum 6 speed..
Im looking for a 429 / 460 Billet timing cover ( NOT a blower cover with the drive/fuel hole in the center )
If anyone knows somebody CNC-ing these let me know, not having much luck.

Thanks, Larry

#3 ·
Ive been on the phone the last few days with Doug @ KAASE trying to track down some stroker parts and they dont make anything for timing covers.
I may have to do some checking around with some of the CNC guys and see what we can come up with.
Ill keep yall posted on what i find out.

Larry

#7 ·
$480 for a billet aluminum timing cover is quite literally dirt cheap, let alone 2022 price increases (inflation), today's material cost for a sizable block of billet aluminum, the typically small production runs due to little interest in such a part, etc.

#8 ·
Hey Everyone,

...Im looking for a 429 / 460 Billet timing cover ( NOT a blower cover with the drive/fuel hole in the center )
If anyone knows somebody CNC-ing these let me know, not having much luck.

Thanks, Larry
Just as an FYI: our Quick Change Timing Cover may be purchased with the customer's choice of two cover plates:

1) the Cam Gear Cover Plate with a center hole indexed for the Enderle fuel pump, or,
2) the Cam Gear Cover Blank which is a blank cover (no center hole), around which one can mount a Mezziere or CSR water pump directly onto the timing cover (or even use a remote water pump)

I've attached a couple of pictures with Cover option #2.

The Quick Change TIming Cover in billet however, would approach 4 figues in price so most enthusiasts might be better off buying the $480 single-piece cover linked above if it is available.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.