460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • D3VE Heads, bare, cleaned and passed mag check: $125 pr.
  • D0VE Heads, bare, cleaned and passed mag check: $275 pr.
  • D1VE blocks, pass car blocks never raced or abused, ready for degrease/machining: $195 ea.
  • 2Y cranks, internal balance, as pulled from cylinder blocks, needs polish or undersize, $85 ea.
  • 3Y cranks, external balance, as pulled from cylinder blocks, needs polish or undersize, $65 ea.
All prices plus shipping. Multiple purchase discounts available in most any combination. Local delivery available (SF Bay Area and beyond).

Call or PM if interested.

Paul

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Can you sonic test the blocks or are they already sonic tested? And how much $$$$$?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
fordsbyjay said:
Can you sonic test the blocks or are they already sonic tested? And how much $$$$$?

Thanks,
Jay, they are not sonic checked but are unassembled tear downs ready for degrease & machine. The important thing here is that they are standard bore.

I assume you are inquiring about sonic checking in hopes of finding a "big bore capable" cylinder block...I suppose it could be said that we are taking as much of a chance selling a non-sonic tested block (that may have big bore capability) as the person purchasing one.

None of these blocks have been sonic checked, but if we were to sonic check a block and it shows 4.500" bore capability, I garantee you that it won't be sold for $125. :mrgreen:

Paul

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Paul Kane said:
fordsbyjay said:

Thanks,
Jay, what we are offering is a standard bore block for a hundred bucks. They are not sonic checked but are unassembled tear downs ready for degrease & machine. The important thing here is that they are standard bore.

I assume you are inquiring about sonic checking in hopes of finding a "big bore capable" cylinder block...I suppose it could be said that we are taking as much of a chance selling a non-sonic tested block (that may have big bore capability) as the person purchasing one.

None of these blocks have been sonic checked, but if we were to sonic check a block and it shows 4.500" bore capability, I garantee you that it won't be sold for $100. :mrgreen:

Paul
LOL, well I wasn't planning on going that big, I was just curious. I was planning on getting a block from you but I spend all my cash on huge brakes (you know its a funny thing, when I was 16 brakes were the last thing I would spend money on). I still need to get wheels and stuff so it will be awhile yet. I am sure there will still be plenty of blocks around when the time comes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much would shipping be to me at 31904? I guess these will be truck shipped and have to be picked up at the terminal.

Here is a newbie dumb question.. Which would be the better of the two on doing a stroker kit on.. truck or car?

I want one, just need to work the details out..

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boosted said:
How much would shipping be to me at 31904? I guess these will be truck shipped and have to be picked up at the terminal.

Here is a newbie dumb question.. Which would be the better of the two on doing a stroker kit on.. truck or car?

I want one, just need to work the details out..
Steve,

We've been shipping the blocks via Forward Air ( www.forwardair.com ), which is a ground freight company. Yes, it is from terminal-to-terminal and in this case wold be from San Francisco to the southern side of Atlanta (College Park). As of late, shipping across the country is about $46 per 100 lbs + 13% fuel surcharge...or about $150 +/-. Please check with Forward Air and ask about shipping from their San Francisco terminal to their Atlanta terminal; crated block would weigh about 240 pounds and dimensions would be only a little more than the bare block itself (perhaps 28x24x18).

Either the D1VE or the D9TE blocks are suitable for strokers. That being said, some people prefer the D9TE when it comes to the 4.5 stroke deal with the 6.700" connecting rod...but even that combination works in either block, technically.

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave,

It was a pleasure meeting you. You have quite the collection of 385 Series projects! Good luck with the build using the newlypurchased block and crank and as always, any questions just ask.

Paul

·
Registered
19 Posts
how much to ship a block and crank to 79606 in Abilene, TX?

bang'n price on a block. everywhere in this area is 300 bucks asking price.....on a standard bore bare block....crazy talk is what it is.

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WhtStng said:
how much to ship a block and crank to 79606 in Abilene, TX?

bang'n price on a block. everywhere in this area is 300 bucks asking price.....on a standard bore bare block....crazy talk is what it is.
Thanks for the compliment on the pricing; sometimes there are great deals on engines out there, etc., but overall compared to typical retail pricing of these components, our prices are certainly reasonable. By the way, stay tuned for Stage 1 prepped blocks coming soon (cleaned, magged, and HFD block oiling mods already executed).

The closest Forward Air shipping dock to you is in Dallas, and I suspect that the fuel costs to pick up the block will eat your savings. I will look into other shipping options and PM if/when I find an alternate that works in your case.

Paul

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shipping quote

How much would shipping a block to Huntsville, AL, 35758 be? Forward Air has a terminal here in Huntsville, AL. I have a 512 stroker kit that I need a block for.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Shipping quote

bbf80 said:
How much would shipping a block to Huntsville, AL, 35758 be? Forward Air has a terminal here in Huntsville, AL. I have a 512 stroker kit that I need a block for.

Mike
Mike,

Via Forward Air ( www.forwardair.com ), terminal-to-terminal in this case would be from San Francisco to Huntsville, AL. As of late, shipping across the country is about $46 per 100 lbs + 13% fuel surcharge...or about $150 +/-. Please check with Forward Air and ask about shipping from their San Francisco terminal to their Huntsville terminal as it may be a little less; crated block would weigh about 240 pounds and dimensions would be only a little more than the bare block itself (perhaps 28x24x18).

Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
Timing Pointer

Hey Paul. Do you have a stock timing pointer? I have built an old OMC marine 460 to put in my 71 Ranchero and all I really need is the pointer. I am going to check the dealer next.
My baby..........

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Timing Pointer

ranchoman said:
Hey Paul. Do you have a stock timing pointer? I have built an old OMC marine 460 to put in my 71 Ranchero and all I really need is the pointer.
I should have one among all these timing covers that I have tucked away somewhere in inventory. Those pointers that I recall seeing are of the pointed sheetmetal style and also the one with the rifle scope site-style at the end of the pointer standoff. Let me know which one you need.

These pointers bolt to the oem cover at two points: on the lower most timing cover bolt on the passenger side and then a dedicated mounting hole at about 11 o'clock over the crank seal.

Unfortunately, there is only so low I can go due to time involved, pointer locating, removal, cleaning, packaging supplies, shipping costs, etc., so $13 shipping included. You might be able to save on shipping if there is something else you may need.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Paul,

I need to see about getting a 460 Short block (marine application) from you (I'm in Lakewood, CA).. I emailed you several months ago about possibly going w/ a long block.. but i have to rebuild it on tight budget if possible..

long story short, on the 2nd run of purchasing a used boat the motor bent a pushrod in which the lifter got kicked out and wedged in between the cam and block, so now there's shrapnel in the motor (ugly) ;) I don't know what kind of condition the motor was in, so I think I just want to stick in a short block and have the heads rebuilt.. I already have a new cam, rods and everything else to stick on it from my old motor. BTW, is there really much of a difference between stock and a marine 460?

let me know, Thanks!

John

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
John,

Depending on your timeline, we can do a shortblock for you. All parts are in stock and ready for machine/assembly, but due to the current backlog of builds it may not be ready for pickup/delivery until after the 1st of next year. And yes, we can inspect and possibly transfer all your moving parts to a new block...depends just what remains in your shortblock.

To answer your other question, marine 460's are not altogether different, but building the motor specifically for the marine application can help longevity and reliability. We have a basic marine motor combo that we do that is pretty nice; give me a call and we can discuss your needs and decide the best path to go (new shortblock or rework with your existing componentry, etc.)

Paul

1 - 20 of 187 Posts