1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
429/460 HEI Distributors

-Easy one wire hook-up
-Completely self contained. No need for an ignition box or external coil
-Mechanical advance pre-curved for performance use, and easily adjustable with commonly available spring kits
-Adjustable vac advance
-Double pinned drive gear
-Supports up to 7,000 RPM
-Black cap and coil
-This is the same HEI distributor Summ...other retailers sell for $139.95. Same box, same instruction sheet, same part.
-This is also the same distributor Carl runs in his own car. Field tested by driving 375 miles to a race, running 120+mph for extended periods in the race, and driving 375 miles home in 100+ degree temps.

High quality brass terminals and a protective plastic dust cover that encapsulates the 65,000-volt coil. A new cast-aluminum housing featuring a machine polished finish contains new bushings, mainshaft assembly, and a hardened steel gear. Our HEI includes high-output module, centrifugal advance components, and adjustable vacuum advance canister.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Carl I just wanted to say I got my parts today, and it was great dealing with you would do it again in a heart beat. Bump for a good deal and a great guy.

Ps. Thanks for the shirt it was a pleasant surprise I bet I'm the only guy in Victoria to have one lol. 😎

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carl I just wanted to say I got my parts today, and it was great dealing with you would do it again in a heart beat. Bump for a good deal and a great guy.

Ps. Thanks for the shirt it was a pleasant surprise I bet I'm the only guy in Victoria to have one lol. 😎

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the order Tristan.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
what kind of advance can these be configured to?
There are several companies that sell advance curve kits for HEI distributors, and they're usually available at your local Autozone, O'Reilly's, etc. for about $5.00. They come with a chart that shows different advance curves and amounts of advance for various combinations of springs.

Advance kit instructions: http://www.moroso.com/catalog/images/72300_inst.pdf

:cool:

·
Registered
697 Posts
these look like good dizzys and it doesn't need a external module box like a MSD. but how would you add something to this like say a 2 step rev limiter, max rpm limiter, and possibly a timing retard?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
these look like good dizzys and it doesn't need a external module box like a MSD. but how would you add something to this like say a 2 step rev limiter, max rpm limiter, and possibly a timing retard?
Rev limiters and other add-ons are available from MSD and other manufacturers. We can supply those with this distributor if desired.

PM/email/call for details.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Back in stock, just in time for that spring tune-up!

Buy one, get the second at half price. Once you install one of these, you'll want to run them on all your 460's.

;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
advance curve kit

You mentioned earlier that a advance curve kit is commonly available. Yet a 460 ford turns counterclockwise and a standard GM turns clockwise. So wouldn't a standard HEI mechanical advance kit not work because as it spins counterclockwise its going to be locked up?????

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You mentioned earlier that a advance curve kit is commonly available. Yet a 460 ford turns counterclockwise and a standard GM turns clockwise. So wouldn't a standard HEI mechanical advance kit not work because as it spins counterclockwise its going to be locked up?????
I don't know anything about how a GM engine works, but I do know the advance kits work in these distributors just fine.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
The weights and springs are universal. You can just turn the weights over if needed. I'm sure that if there is a mechanical limiter in the set up and has a bushing it doesn't care which way the shaft turns.
Rob

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.