460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1979 model C6 automatic transmission for sale or trade. it will also bolt to the 351m and 400 enignes. It is a slip joint type long tailshaft transmission. comonly used in the 73-79 ford trucks and possibly some cars. the condition of it is unknown. the story i got was that it would move the truck it was in. but it leaked trans fluid. when i took the engine and trans out. the speedo cable gear was missing and had a cap plug in the hole. so i am guessing that is why it leaked fluid like it did. i have since gotten a replacement speedo cable and gear for it so that it will not leak any more. i think it should be worth atleast 50.00 for it. and i would rebuild it. but it will probably still work if reinstalled. i dont have any direct pics of it i dont think but i can get some if you need some. your delivery options are to either come and get it. meet me to pick it up or i can ship it. i have shipped a trans before pretty cheaply. i drained all the fluids and send it in three different packages. the tail shaft and moutn in one box the troque conveter in another box and the main case in the last box. i was able to fedex it doing it this way whihc save the buyer money over frieght. thanks for your intrest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts