186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D3VE heads, with police spec
2.19/1.76 Ported
performer intake
750 carb
8.5-1 compression
dual exhaust

anyways when i step on it.. she bogs a lil and pops.. Ive played with the timing by moving the distributor.. but she still does it.. any ideas?

·
Registered
391 Posts
does it seem like a fuel problem or a spark problem? i know sometimes they are hard to tell the difference... but i see alot of people trying to fix ignition problems when they are having a lean condition... just start checking everything ignition connections, plugs/wires, fuel filters, pumps...

·
Registered
132 Posts
pop

you may have a vacume leak also..spray wd40 around the carb base and anywhere a leak can pop up ..also make sure the vacume advance can on the front of the dizzy is working right..might be frozen from rust or what have ya..

·
Registered
555 Posts
you may have a vacume leak also..spray wd40 around the carb base and anywhere a leak can pop up ..also make sure the vacume advance can on the front of the dizzy is working right..might be frozen from rust or what have ya..
I was going to suggest that as well. I have a harley that develops intake leaks every once in a while and it does the same thing. Pops, crackles, and farts off idle but runs decent when you open it up. cracking the throttle open it just sputters and pops untill I get passed it. Of course now its fixed. Try the spray technique like in the previous post.

·
Registered
280 Posts
What type of ignition are you running? My 429 was doing the same thing, and as soon as I put a high voltage coil on it, it hasn't given me a lick of trouble. I thought it may be fuel because the plugs were a dark tan. In first under a load, it would pop and fart, especially around 5500, but no issues now. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
480 Posts
mechanical or electric fuel pump? The reason I ask because my motor did that same thing with an electric pump. The problem was the regulator had my fuel pressure down to 4 psi and when I adjusted it to 7-8 psi the problem disappeared. Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts