460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They finally got around to Dynoing the upgraded 460, and it made 607 hp. I think it was probably the E3 "miracle spark plugs" that they used that helped! It sure is nice to see something beside an LS or SB Chevy all the time.
Gary

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's the whole reason I dropped my subscription from Hot Rod and Car Craft, all they did was build Chevies. Felt like I was getting the same issue every month.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I can't recall, were they TFS a-460s or Streets?

Also, was it a .030 over 460?

Cam specs?

What was the RPM range?

Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a .030 over (466) with T/F Streets & matching intake and the cam was picked by J.Kaase (no cam specs given).
Gary

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
That's actually pretty impressive then...at least to me. Seems to go right in line with a number of builds on this forum ...BUT it uses a hydraulic roller. With a big solid roller and P-51's, Kaase "only" made 80 more hp on a very similar short block.

I bet that motor could be built for relatively cheap, as well. I know there is a 521 in the auction section with similar specs.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
They finally got around to Dynoing the upgraded 460, and it made 607 hp. I think it was probably the E3 "miracle spark plugs" that they used that helped! It sure is nice to see something beside an LS or SB Chevy all the time.
Gary
i saw that. but guess what the next item after the 460 dyno was...............
AN LS converted to a carb.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yea ,right after the dyno the first thing joe says is "well that 460 is old school ,now the LS motors are wonder motors" or some crap like that.
but i tell ya 600 h.p on cast pistons........WOW!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts