460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to sell my 460/c6 combo, with about 80 thousand miles,it's a 77 or 78 , I bought it several months ago. from a member 69f100, friend, Scott , he said he would drive that sucker to californ-I-A , and back to Ga. I can get a couple pics, and can meet local to Atl.

looking for 500 , just went out yesterday, and primed up the oil system, and rotated the engine several times, yes a 1/4 at a time to begin with, it spins over good,feels good, like its got compression an all. have all openings covered ,carb, both exh manifolds, and the tail shaft on the tranny.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Guys this is out of a motorhome the guy that had it used it for going on hunting trip a friend of mine bought it and when we were going to fix it back up found the wall was rotted on the motor home.But I will vouch the engine ran like a new one with plenty of power with no raddles,knocks or pings and did not smoke a lick when pulled out.The trans shifted fine with firm shifts,I did hear and ride in it before the engine was pulled .
Jim

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
460/c6

Guys this is out of a motorhome the guy that had it used it for going on hunting trip a friend of mine bought it and when we were going to fix it back up found the wall was rotted on the motor home.But I will vouch the engine ran like a new one with plenty of power with no raddles,knocks or pings and did not smoke a lick when pulled out.The trans shifted fine with firm shifts,I did hear and ride in it before the engine was pulled .
Jim

Hey JIm , Thanxs for the good word , and I been keeping it oiled up an rotated every so often, Thanxs Buddy.

Rick

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump it up.

I would also be interested in trading for some small block 302 heads, for a street car, 88 gt mustang, with a stock 302 engine.

Thanxs Rick

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
460/c6

up, up, and hopefully sold away, good eng 70 -80 thou, good c-6 all still together, I've primed the oil pump, couple times, it turns over real smooth and easy, would make a nice-en for some one building on the cheap, come get it in the Atl area, or we might work out delivery if not too far off.

and I got a good set of alum tf fac 190cc, put on lay away, for the small block, but thanxs for all the offers.

Thanxs Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts