460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble finding an efi kit for a 70 lincoln mark iii 460.

The only one i can find that says fits this motor is race only, then the 4150 intake style doesnt fit this motor. I was looking into the edelbrock pro flo 4 kit

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Im having trouble finding an efi kit for a 70 lincoln mark iii 460.

The only one i can find that says fits this motor is race only, then the 4150 intake style doesnt fit this motor. I was looking into the edelbrock pro flo 4 kit[/QUOT

It should have a 4150 intake on it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I highly doubt that you’re going to find a kit specifically for your car, it’s not a Camaro or Mustang. Any kit you buy is going to require some level of fabrication work to make it fit. A basic TBI (take your pick when it comes to the manufacturer) kit would be pretty straight forward to install and get running. If you want multiport the level of complexity just went up exponentially.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This site doesnt list the cars it fits, but the ones that do dont list this car or when i have this car selected it says doesnt fit or the kit doesnt come up as an option for it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Correct, it’s a direct bolt on for a 429 or 460 engine but there’s quite a bit more work that goes into it besides just bolting it on. You need a fuel system setup to supply high pressure fuel and also a return. The exhaust has to be retrofitted to utilize an O2 sensor. Transmission linkage may need to me modified to function correctly. The tuning while “self learning” may have some growing pains.

In no way am I suggesting not to do it just have realistic goals and understand that Edelbrocks “installs in a weekend” claim might not be 100% true.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya all that stuff is no problem. I just want to be sure that its the right kit of the block and heads. Like the intake is actually going to bolt up properly and the ports are going to line up to the heads properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know there's dif kinds of heads intake and stuff on the 460s, so just want to make sure this ones going to work with this car since it says it wont.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unless Edelbrock has made a new intake just for this application either the picture is inaccurate or the description is. That does not look like a victor intake like is written in the description.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's not a new intake. It is the old Torker 2 that Edelbrock renamed the Victor EFI manifold when they converted it for efi use. It is a low profile single plane that will fit the standard passenger car head intake port layout. If you are unsure call them and ask them about it. They also have a forum.

https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/pro-flo-efi/pro-flo-4

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's not a new intake. It is the old Torker 2 that Edelbrock renamed the Victor EFI manifold when they converted it for efi use. It is a low profile single plane that will fit the standard passenger car head intake port layout. If you are unsure call them and ask them about it. They also have a forum.

https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/pro-flo-efi/pro-flo-4
Did Edelbrock make a CJ intake port version of the Torquer 2?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Did Edelbrock make a CJ intake port version of the Torquer 2?
I don't believe so but I don't know for sure.

I know there are specific guidelines posted on this forum for opening up the Torker 2 to match the CJ intake port.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts