460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is a freshly rebuilt 460 engine, and Ford C6 transmission w/ torque converter. The aluminum part of the transmission looks to be brand new; the steel part has a coat of rust, but I don't think this tranny has been used at all. Perhaps this motor/tranny combo would be best suited in a truck.

Engine features Edlebrock intake and fuel pump along with a big (750 cfm?) Demon carb. I know it has roller tipped steel rockers, but that's all I know about it. The heads are stamped C8VE-E heads, and I think that means 1968, which are better than the reduced compression heads of the '70s (or so I hear; I am not an authority)

Also included in the set is the starter, MSD Pro Billet Distrib., MSD 6 series control box, complete wiring harness, dress up bolts (some are already installed) MSD plug wires, assorted gaskets, a crate of motor mounts, and a stainless fuel line.

I bought it for my forthecoming project car, but now I'm going a different direction on that so I no longer need the motor/transmission/other parts.

I am asking only $2100 for the complete set.

I am in Burleson, Texas, just south of Fort Worth. The engine stand isn't for sale, but I have a hoist to help you load this beast of an engine.

Some pics:

·
Registered
30 Posts
BB Ford

Bump for great deal! Can you post a picture of the AOD bell? Is it BB size? Stock convertor? Thanks!

I should learn to read! I'm a DS. I did notice while bolting up my 460 block to the engine stand tonight it has an extra bell bolt hole which looks like it would match this. Can this be true? Still learning...

Opps..I see the OP edited the post.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
That transmission is NOT an AOD, it is a C-6 out of a 1968 Lincoln which is why it has the weird bell housing pattern. I would bet the engine is out of the same car based on the head casting number and also the fact that it has the early stype water pump. Looks like someone modified the transmission to bolt up to a transfer case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

That transmission is NOT an AOD, it is a C-6 out of a 1968 Lincoln which is why it has the weird bell housing pattern. I would bet the engine is out of the same car based on the head casting number and also the fact that it has the early stype water pump. Looks like someone modified the transmission to bolt up to a transfer case.
Cool to know!! So it IS a C6. I will defer to your expertise since I am new to all this. I am glad to know what I have at least. So now it appears the transmission should go in a 4x4 truck. Or maybe I just have the rear housing changed back to original.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price reduced!!

Now asking a mere $1850 for the whole set. At that price, the transmission is like a gimme.

Burleson, TX, just 10 minutes south of Fort Worth.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Cool to know!! So it IS a C6. I will defer to your expertise since I am new to all this. I am glad to know what I have at least. So now it appears the transmission should go in a 4x4 truck. Or maybe I just have the rear housing changed back to original.
Yes you have a real odd duck with that transmission as it does not have the normal bellhousing bolt pattern. If you look at the back of your 460 you will see it has two patterns. This alternate pattern was required in order for the transmission to fit in a 1968 Lincoln.

The case may have value to someone needing one for a '68 Lincoln. As it sits yes is set up to bolt to a transfer case. You could disassemble the transmission, change the output shaft and extension housing to use in a 2wd application. One good thing about those late 60's Lincoln C-6's is they usually have some of the better parts inside (HD).

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No longer for sale. I have decided to use this set in my 50 Mercury. Turns out the transmission uses a bolt on yolk, and it doesn't go to a transfer case. This is the cheapest way for me to go on my car since I already own this engine/tranny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts