1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mild build 460
Holley EFI snipper and Hyperspark system
Q. When I set timing at 15* total at 36*
If I rev. the rpms up 4000 my timing will over adv. engine will pop and stall.
When I set back to TDC #1 and check rotor its way adv number 1 plug
I must reset dis. What could be the issue?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Sounds to me like the distributor needs to be phased, attached is a video put out by Holley that does a good job of explaining how to do it. With the Hyperspark you don't set the timing the old fashioned way. Try this first. My understanding is once the phase is set all timing changes take place in the hand held controller.

I've also attached a link to Holley's live suppoert page on fakebook, whole lotta information and helpful people for these EFI systems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No luck. Still did the the same thing. Car runs great till I hit 4500 to 5000 rpms then it pops stalls and will not restart till I reset tdc #1 and re phase dis. For some reason when I hit over 4500 rpms time will over advance

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I'm just learning these systems, so not real helpful, I would suggest posting on the Holley fakebook page I posted above, some real knowledgeable people there who can help pinpoint the cause. Below is another link to a tuning company Holley teamed up with who are also on the Holley page. I'm not aware of many people here who have gained the knowledge yet that you will find there. I may be wrong but have not seen many talk about the systems much, relatively new products.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had some of the same issue on my blown 545 I locked my dizzy and use a 6al with a 3 step retard also check your dizzy drive mark the shaft see if it move could be a sheard pin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts