460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 40 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No photos today, my phone died. But I did get the new parts car to the garage, stripped it all the way down to shell and got the tubular k-member, coilovers, caster camber plates, all billet brake setup all swapped over to my car! .Solid day...what a score! It's gonna be high of 20 degrees here all week and its tuff getting shop to 50 so hopefully I will get back at it this weekend if it warms up.

Progress and still (barely) on budget. We're rolling again!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got the coil overs, brakes, caster camber palates and new k member in. Yes I need to clean up the rotors they've been parked for a while.

I'm assuming I will need a bump steer kit and need to check k-member for square alignment???

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looking great!

What was wrong with the coupe?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Good build, especially with all of the deals you've snagged.:D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nothing wrong with the coupe. It's 100% rust free. I just wanted to stick with the project I already had going. My car has interior and stock wheel wells, the coupe has no dash or wiring and rear fender wells cut out for big tire set-up. It needs some welding and fab work done, which I don't know how to do yet. I might keep it and build a drag roller out of it later, but in the meanwhile it is for sale to help fund the hatch so I can get this thing on the road this summer...I will be driving this thing, so full drag roller is not really where I wanted to go right now

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got the coil overs, brakes, caster camber palates and new k member in. Yes I need to clean up the rotors they've been parked for a while.

I'm assuming I will need a bump steer kit and need to check k-member for square alignment???

How much is the k-member spaced down....1 1/2"? I'm trying to keep everything under the hood in my build.
Jaymie

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a 6 in. cowl hood but I dropped mine 1.5" anyways just for clearance reasons and to have motor sit nice and low. Just from reading around here it's a tight fit and wanted as much space as I could get. I believe it helps later with pinion angles and with using the factory trans x-member as well as starter access. You can get it all under a stock hood easily with 1.5 spacers and a Torker II intake is what I've found.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looking good Z keep up the work
Thanks, feels like I got a long way to go, really hoping to get it out this spring. I haven't done any engine related building in a long time so I'm relearning it all as I go. I'd be lost without this site!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A coupe more pieces of the puzzle-thanks to some fellow 460ford members...

Getting closer, need a couple warm days so I can get the beast assembled

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Finally got to do some work on the car today. Got rid of the power brake stuff, got the old calipers and brake lines removed, Did a bunch of weight reduction and got rid of a bunch of the unnecessary stuff- cruise, hood latch and hinges, 5spd. stuff etc. Oh and a bunch acorns a squirrel had stashed in the fenders LOL. Going to get manual brake stuff ordered and finish that up next...waiting for the coupe to sell so I can get my dang jack stands back and get the k-member lined up so I can start doing some motor/trans mock-ups...slowly but surely making a little progress

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Finally nicer weather did a little work on the car today, gonna get at it heavy this weekend finally 50 degrees! This weekends project- align and button up front suspension and start on rear. Car has 9" and I have some solid lowers, so adjustable uppers and call it that for now is what I am thinking.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Trans shop called today. My C-6 that I scored on a deal (more of a dice roll) is ready to go! Cracked it open and was full of goodies and already built up. Changed out 3rd gear clutches- everything else was good and right. That went really well considering I bought it way too cheap not in a car and knowing nothing about it. Time to get to work- this summer is gonna be here too quick. Nice when a plan comes together.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Got the rear end out. No clue what I got here, it was in the car when I bought it. Welds look good, said to have 4:11 gear. 9 inch is new to me so gonna have to do some research. Been thinking about how to stick this thing to the ground. So far I've got solid lowers and anti roll bar. My buddy who did the cage is going to weld up the torque boxes for me and install roll bar

·
Registered
666 Posts
Keep it up Z won't take much longer your on your way for sure- mike

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Made some more progress today. Took a couple flicks along the way----

pump and pickup installed

Moroso pan and timing cover installed

and fast forward finished long block looking good!

I think it's safe to say I'm pretty motivated to move forward on this thing now..wooohooo!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If all goes well at the garage... tomorrow night there should be photos up here of the motor / trans IN the car! :D

21 - 40 of 275 Posts