460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fam, I have been bouncing on forums and such looking for pictures and help on how everyone set up their exhaust for a bbf fox. I have heard some horror stories and want to know if there is one set up that works better than another. I have no previous experience on setting up any exhaust set ups so this is new ground for me. I have a t56 magnum trans to a 8.8. any help is greatly appreciated. pictures will do wonders if any have any!

·
Registered
253 Posts
With the T-56 you might have to try a couple of sets of headers before you find a set that fits or at least a set that fits with minimal modifications.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Give the ppl over at D&D automotive a holler... From what I can gather on the forums those ppl have the better reviews and ideas on the BBF into Foxbody swaps..
I have have Hooker super comps with 3” over the axle full exhaust but had to modify quite a bit. I wish I would have gone with D&D they have a lot of experience with the BB in a fox body

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 460 in my 89. I'm using the booker headers that came with the swap kit from jegs. In the past I used the setup from total performance in Michigan. Both sets are slip fit and features 2" primaries. You will need an exhaust shop make a collector flange because both those sets of headers have 4" collectors. The first fox 460 swap I did I used stock type manifolds. You will need the left side to be one off a 73 to 78 pickup. The passenger side manifold was off a 74 t bird. This setup will give you the most room and help avoid starter heat soak.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
George Klass of of RCI Headers has been making the 460 Fox swap kits for Ford for decades. He can help.

For Tech Info or to Order Headers: (909) 552-3690 or [email protected]
This is a great link. I tried D&D from the other responce but when I said I was running a manual he kinda blew me off :( I will be calling these guys for sure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts