460 Ford Forum banner

460 heads, parts, etc.

3K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  carderboy 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking to sell or trade my 460, It has D3 heads, cut for stud mount rockers, exhaust bump ground off, lightly milled, good heads, 2.19" intakes, Comp Xtreme 4x4 cam 270 duration, +0.030 flattop pistons, horse shoe rods, ground crank, align bored and honed block, performer rpm intake, 4x4 oil pan, timing cover, truck manifolds, 5/16 AND 3/8 guide plates, 3/8 comp pushrods, all was a good running combo but the rockers are BBC and pushrods are a little short so it wasn't to it's full potential, harmonic, counterweight, pulleys, brackets, valvecovers, and probably some other stuff. Will sell all or part PM me for pricing please. Trade for 800+ 4 barrel, truck headers, big electric fuel pump, dand 60 limited slip or gears 456 or 488, or ? dirt bike stuff, other car stuff. Thanks.

Intake ----- $150
heads ----- $350
pushrods--- $50?
harmonic--- $25
rods------- $I don't know, maybe worth $125?
guideplates $50
Cam & lifters$75
timing cover$ 40
oil pan----- $50
manifolds -- $50
NIB 460 fel pro gaskets as well, valley pan kit, timing cover gaskets and seals, valve stem umbrella seals, $25 for all

All parts in CO and prices are plus shipping Thanks I will take paypal but if over $100 I charge the extra 3% fee to make up for paypal fees. Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds good. I haven't tore the pan off yet but I can put pics of the heads right now. I might be interested in that DP and as for headers I have L&L now so anything that has bigger primaries (1 3/4" short tube now) is of interest to me. 1 7/8" or 2" I think would be nice. Thanks.

#7 ·

[/IMG]

The pistons are hypers and the heads are supposedly cut but I never found any stamps on them so I guess I don't know, Have to CC them and see what they are exactly. I am not including the studs and guide plateds for that price, I just left them on there to show that they are cut for mounting them.

#11 ·
The rockers just were put on Ebay, Sorry I thought them being BBC stuff this wasn't the place for them, but I think I was wrong, I think they are chromemoly but yes still for sale. I tore it down because I replaced it with a A429 headed 545 and it had some blow by so I thought I would see how bad it was. It looks like #8 has some cylinder wall issues, Not sure of the pistons I will be sure they are good still, but even if they aren't all perfect, It might be better (cheaper) that buying a whole new set, They have about 15000-20000 miles and about 5 years old.

The heads combustion chamber CC at roughly 82-85 cc so that tells me that they were milled since they were specd to like 95-97cc. That is all i can give you.

Here are the pistons. If you want to see them out I will be happy to. http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/R...Williams2/media/100_0659_zpsb8d44339.jpg.html

#12 ·
I thought there would be a better market for the parts than the complete assembly, I have a video of it running before it was pulled, but there is little market in my area for a 460 any more especially one that seems a little tired. I tore it down to try to sell what was salvageable and recoup some funds, I don't think I will build many more 460s at least not in the immediate future, as long as the 545 holds together.

Your carb looks pretty awesome though, I would like to maybe make a deal on it if we can. That should be really good for me.

#24 ·
The rods are the regular 460 rods, with the football cut or horseshoe cut, or whatever you guys call them that are the later style rod without the surface for the bolt milled totally flat, but just a small cut milled to support more strength. The 3/8 guideplates were from this engine and the studs as well, but the 5/16 guide plates are from a set of A429 heads I baught. They are ford guide plates. The pushrods are 3/8 from the same engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.