460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 460 IN A 86 COUPE WANTING TO KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS HEATING PROBLEMS OR IF YOU HAVE DID ANY THING TO STOP IT

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm going through some issues of my own. I have a CSR, Griffin radiator, and a restrictor plate. On really warm days it will get as high as 210 so I'm working on getting that down a bit. Good luck with your setup.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
I have heard that a couple of the 3 litre fans out of the 24 valve Ford Taurs's work wonders (2001-2006 model's I think. Whatever years that last body style was with the 24 valve motors). I have a 1993 Foxbody that I haven't started on yet but I've been collecting info on the subject. The fans are very common in junkyards across america. I've heard other people on this forum talk about them and give them good reviews for keeping the 385 series Foxbody cool. Maybe somebody else will chime in and agree with me. They are very cheap when they are used as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heatiing

i have tryed about every thing. i havent tryed that fan but have tryed others.i think i am going to try and wrap the headers to see if that helps. they are really close to the side of the motor so that may be cousing the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts