460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the barrett-jackson where a 1970 Chevelle LS-6 convertible sold for $1,150,000 And another sold for $475,000 Chevy guys new love! I have a 71 Chevelle SS convertible with a blown motor I"m thinking 460 :shock: , is it possable? with out butchering? The car is very clean. I already have a 460 SCJ Crate motor. For a 64 Fairlane I'm building but wont be done for some time.

Anybody???

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ya know... I'm a Ford guy first... but I'm still a "car guy" and it just wouldn't be right to bastardize a genuine SS, a convertable no less! Keep it was it was made, it's a very rare car. How many times do we get upset when the GM crowd puts a 350 in a Ford? Putting a 460 in that would be like somebody putting a 454 in a Boss 429.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Please Don't!

If it was a ragged '69 Camaro, I'd say go for it, but don't think this would work in a '71 SS Convt. If you're not sure what to do with the car, sell it to me; it'll look good in the garage next to my '72 SS 454 4 sp...

Thx,

Scott
[email protected]
(919) 478-1663

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope shes not for sale its to hard to find a nice ragtop these days she'll get a nice 454 with a richmond 4 speed,I just think it would be pretty funny to see the looks on the faces when you pop the hood and BAM ford powerd! I'd post a pic but can figure this new system out. :x [/img]

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would say to save and preserve every part that comes off (including the motor), fab mounts and such so you don't have to modify the chassis, then stick that sucker in there and go see how many wet britches you can generate at the next car show. Hell, put a bucket in front of it and I'll bet the Chevy people will donate to get the correct motor fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can tell you that I have a 460 sitting on a 78 Pontiac Trans Am front clip ... in my 55 F100 ... not sure exactly how close that is to the Chevelle front ...

Rear sump pan and you have some the battle behind you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts