460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done it? I have a 16 year old boy that wants a 63 falcon futura sprint. He also digs the 460 in my capri & wants to put one in a falcon . Any pit falls or suggestions :roll: I think the engine bay is close to that of an early mustang & will need the shock towers modified/removed for a big block.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Haven't done it, but the compartment in those is so smal you'll have to go to a MII/rack type setup at least to make room. And if it's an iron motor, it'll weight nearly 1/3 of the total car weight so it'll not really handlel very well LOL. You'll also need to put subframe connectors in it and -of course- replace the rear end. Replace everything from the trans tunnel down and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
269 Posts
W had a guy over her in Perth, Western Australia who had a 460 in his 1965 Falcon Coupe. He completely removed the shock towers, and replaced the front end suspension out of an Aussie Leyland P76, incl disc brakes.
Did the trick.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like my boy will have his work cut out for him , maybe he'll have to settle for a stroker small block :? 347 or a 408 windsor

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you have a good point, even a windsor is a tight fit with headers

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Had my share of small blocks and had a blast with 'em. But I'm such a big block freak now, that I'd put a tube front clip on that thing (like an A.R.T. or Chassis Engineering) and stick in the big block. Round -fendered Falcons with huge engines have a "Gee Whiz!" factor of about 9.3 and a"fun factor" of about 9.7.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts