460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
HEY WASSSSSUP mr ngates0516 the best place too get info is on the big block fox web site they have drop in kit .. i used the kit myself in my 90 stang fits nice good luck have fun peace out!!!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
ngates0516 said:
any good readings or write ups, on whats involved or needed to do to fit it in there?
There are quite a few BBFox guys here on 460ford.com who would be glad to answer any questions that you have. We have a few guys in our Yahoo group who have done it also. http://bigblockfox.com

Good luck with your project. You won't be sorry you went big block.

D

·
0 Posts
Fordtek1 said:
dfree383 said:
Give Bob At D&D a call.
I'll second this. Anything you want to know about this swap, Bob can answer in less than 20minutes on the phone! helluva nice guy.
I can never get off the phone with him in less than 20 minutes !!! LOL

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I used older 3 pc mounts, Canton Pan, D&D 2 1/8" Headers, JW Glide w/ultra bell, Double hump crossmember, QA-1 tubular K., Manual brake conversion

Modifications Required

1) Notch block and bell on the Passenger side of the motor (Header Clearance)
2) Notch the deep aluminum pan for header clearance (Driver Side)
3) Transmission cross member all the way forward.
4) Spread two header tubes out (hit oil pan) one on each side of the motor.
5) some small triming of misc edges and a little hammer work for header clearance. Nothing major or panel movement required.
6) You will have clearance issues with respect to Water Pump and Radiator / Fan.
7) will need a cowl or equivilent hood for clearance. (I'm using a Ford Racing Dominator Flg Single Plane and A MSD Dist and Neiter will clear a stock hood)
8 Std FL-1A filter worked for me in the stock location.
9) Power booster wil not clear valve covers.

Hope this helps, Also talk with Bob he helped me alot and made things a lot easier and more predictable.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts