460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m looking to build a 460 that makes 460hp and around 500ft lbs on 87oct. Not looking to increase cubes just a 460ci that makes 460hp 500ft lbs on 87 oct. Im planning on keeping it multi port EFI using Edelbrocks victor EFI intake, I just need suggestions for the rest of the build. For towing, cruising, and a little bit of racing cause I can. Thanks.
(I’m new to this website sorry if I posted in the wrong place)

·
Registered
41 Posts
it can be done, start with these heads;

next you want a good cam, again start in the edebrock catalog for a cam that matches the heads above. you then want to step up to a performer rpm intake, and top it off with a 750cfm carb at least, 850 might be better.1hp per ci is a mild build these days and is doable. you do need to watch your ignition timing curve, and compression ratio, keep it at or below 9.5:!, as well as your cam timing, you want lobe centers at about 108 degrees to increase the valve overlap to reduce low speed dynamic compression, and then advance the cam about 2-4 degrees to bring back the low end power, if you feel you need it. the 460 is a torque monster, so you may not need to advance the cam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts