460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked all over for a water outlet (thermostat retainer) that has a different clock position then standard. The standard one points towards the passenger headlight.My radiator inlet is on the opposite side. I would like to plumb more of a straight clean run rather then off an elbow at the thermostat outlet.
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will call Summit. In my catolog all I saw was the swivel outlets for SB Chevys and a fixed standard position for the BB Ford.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I was just at the CSR website. They offer two different 360 swivel thermostat housings for a slip on hose. #CSR9112 is for an 1 1/4 hose, and #CSR9113 is for an 1.50 hose. But they are awfully expensive @ $112.00 (funny thing, though - the same product for a Chevy is only $89.00)! I hope this was helpful.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your help. It is exactly what i want, but not exactly the price I thought it would be. I have to search a little deeper in my soul to see if I want it that bad.... Thanks again

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use one for a 351 Cleveland.It points straight up.Avaiable at most parts stores for $10-$12.Takes a little clearancing inside to fit the thermostat,but that allows me to use the stock Fox-body upper hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts