460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 F250 with the 460 and my oil cooler is leaking externally and internally. I wanted to replace it with the 89 and earlier air oil cooler to prevent this from happening again. I’ve been looking around in junkyards I can’t seem to find one. Do the 302 and 351 have the same oil cooler for 89 and earlier? Also if I can’t find one in the junkyard, does anyone know where I can get this older style oil cooler? I’m trying to avoid a remote filter setup.
Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
I have a 93 F250 with the 460 and my oil cooler is leaking externally and internally. I wanted to replace it with the 89 and earlier air oil cooler to prevent this from happening again. I’ve been looking around in junkyards I can’t seem to find one. Do the 302 and 351 have the same oil cooler for 89 and earlier? Also if I can’t find one in the junkyard, does anyone know where I can get this older style oil cooler? I’m trying to avoid a remote filter setup.
Thanks for any help
Should you change your mind (and to make the repair simple), I do have one of the factory stainless steel oil-to-water coolers like the one that originally came on your engine. It was removed from a running 1991 460. Send me a message if you’re interested.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think some of the 302s in Explorers may have had oil coolers like you mentioned. 351W cop cars from the 80s. Maybe some of the trucks.. I seem to recall my 88 having the external air to oil cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts