460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent this weekend putting most of the 460 back together for my 53 Ford. Get done for the day and realize that the oil pump driveshaft is still sitting on the bench.

I know that its not ideal, but can anyone see a problem with removing the retainer and installing the shaft from the top? I'm thinking of brushing some hi-tack on the oil pump end so that it will want to stay stuck in the pump if I need to pull the distributor.

I just really hate the idea of pulling the pan after hi-tacking everything with a new 1 piece gasket.

· Registered
190 Posts
oil pump drive

Spent this weekend putting most of the 460 back together for my 53 Ford. Get done for the day and realize that the oil pump driveshaft is still sitting on the bench.

I know that its not ideal, but can anyone see a problem with removing the retainer and installing the shaft from the top? I'm thinking of brushing some hi-tack on the oil pump end so that it will want to stay stuck in the pump if I need to pull the distributor.

I just really hate the idea of pulling the pan after hi-tacking everything with a new 1 piece gasket.
I've done it with no problems. Randy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.