460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
460 PI heads almost complete, one head is missing valves and springs but studs and guidedplates are still intact. $100. We will ship them but would prefer that you pick them up.

351C 4V out of 70 Torino. Motor comes complete intake to oil pan balancer to flywheel. Motor is fresh with 1500 miles on it. Edelbrock air gap intake ported to the heads. Lunati solid lifter camshaft .583 lift 278 dur. on 104 centerline. Cam sounds awesome through mufflers. $1500 complete, will not ship motor, come and get it!!!! Also have C6 converter that stalled 2500 behind the 351C above. $100 for the converter. If you have any questions just ask me here or PM me.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Those aren't PI heads if they have that catsing #... They shoould have D20E-AB if they're PI heads... :wink:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ThndrChkn said:
Those aren't PI heads if they have that catsing #... They shoould have D20E-AB if they're PI heads... :wink:

Doug... 8)
I guess I should never take the word of someone then. That's news to me, I honestly didn't know, so what are they then? A factory head with studs and guideplates?

·
Registered
900 Posts
pi heads

I concour with thunderchicken d2ve are open chamber heads not close to pi heads. pi heads have bigger ports and valves than the d2ve heads. Joe

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
It would seem strange for someone to go to the trouble of putting studs and guideplates on the D2VE heads though. 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
schmitty said:
It would seem strange for someone to go to the trouble of putting studs and guideplates on the D2VE heads though. 8)
Yes, but if you look at the guideplates, they are of the stepped variety, i.e. Comp, Manley etc... The P.I. guideplates are flat and are for a 5/16 pushrod... These look to be 3/8...

Doug... 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts