460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to a diesel sled pull and they had a chassis Dyno setup for a Dyno compition. I didn't even try for the compition but wanted to know what mines making anyways. It was a little short of what I hoped for I actually figured 420. But I'm not too disheartd. I went on that night to place 4th in work stock diesel class being the only gas truck there and weighing 1200# short of the limit. The three runs was crazy consistent in my opinion. I didn't adjust a thing on it unloaded it dynoed pulled and brought it back home on the trailer. Stock crank h beam stock length rods probe dish Pistons, ported big valve dove heads, victor intake, 1050 pro systems carb, msd ign, custom flat tappet solid cam by cam reasearch, 1 3/4 -2 1/4 -3". Tri y headers

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's a fast pump gas vega for sure. Only thing I wasn't sure of is why it peaked at that rpm, it has to be either my heads won't flow enough on the exhaust side or my headers are somewhat restrictive, the cam should peak about 6400 I dnt hav the cam card here but Im thinking it's around 260 264 at 0.050. Timing was set to 38 degrees. But when I'm hooked to the sled if I'm not turning 6,000 then it doesn't pull as well. On the local non motorized sled it turns 7. The big sleds limit it to about 6200 and pull it down at the end. But that Dyno paper doesn't have a place to hook a sled to either lol.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
That's some great torque at 1500rpm.

·
Registered
527 Posts
what is the rest of the combination?

manual trans or auto?

I assume this is a truck? 4wd or 2wd?

pump gas?

cam specs?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
78 f150 truck with 1 ton rear axle. tires 33" 10 ply tires so it was a heavy rotation mass. Manual trans. yes 4wd. mix of 110 and 93 pump gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts