460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 460 in my my boat and its froze, havent ripped it apart. i dont know motors that well. i have a engine shop in town that will work on it. will it be cheaper just to find a good block and use it? can i use any 460 and just swap out some parts? are there any differences in the boat and vehicle motors. feel free to email me. would like to get some info before i dump more money in it. thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
We need to know more about what is wrong with the current motor before anyone can guess at the cheapest way to go. The motor could simply be hydro-locked due to a leaky carburetor or something like that.

Take all the spark plugs out and try to turn it over. If there is gas in the cylinders it will come out the spark plug holes and the motor will turn over again. If you take the spark plugs out and it still won't turn over then blow a bunch of WD-40 down into the spark plug holes and let it sit a while. Then try to turn it over.

Let us know what you find and we can help more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
disconnect the motor from the jet, small debris and a rusted bearing in a jet pump wont allow the motor to turn over

1 - 4 of 4 Posts