460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I just installed an edelbrock performer 460 (2166 intake), intake into my 1969 Thunderbird, but now I am having trouble. When running the car and under acceleration the car really feels like it hesitates and sputters. Feels almost like a cylinder isn’t firing? I don’t know. I had to pull the distributor when installing the intake. So I made a mark where the distributor was pointed. Reinstalled just like that. Timing seems fine. Set at about 11 BTC. Put a vacuum gauge on too. Was about 17-18 at idle with car in park. Didn’t fluctuate at all. Oil pressure good, tempature is fine as well. Car idles fine, but when you accelerate it just falls on it’s face. I have a new MSD ignition along with MSD 8.5 mm wires and MSD coil. Carbureator is an older Holley 650 (originally in the car when I purchased it. Any other ideas? I have a new Holley 750 I want to put on the car, but I would really like to figure out what I am experiencing now.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Hello all I just installed an edelbrock performer 460 (2166 intake), intake into my 1969 Thunderbird, but now I am having trouble. When running the car and under acceleration the car really feels like it hesitates and sputters. Feels almost like a cylinder isn’t firing? I don’t know. I had to pull the distributor when installing the intake. So I made a mark where the distributor was pointed. Reinstalled just like that. Timing seems fine. Set at about 11 BTC. Put a vacuum gauge on too. Was about 17-18 at idle with car in park. Didn’t fluctuate at all. Oil pressure good, tempature is fine as well. Car idles fine, but when you accelerate it just falls on it’s face. I have a new MSD ignition along with MSD 8.5 mm wires and MSD coil. Carbureator is an older Holley 650 (originally in the car when I purchased it. Any other ideas? I have a new Holley 750 I want to put on the car, but I would really like to figure out what I am experiencing now.

could have slight vac leak

whats total timing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts