460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a eagle crank that was a sock 460 stroke that was offset ground. The stroke is now 4.135 and rod journal is for Chevy 2.20. The question I have is what rod and pistons do I use? I have search the internet for 4.135 stroke 460 cranks but all I find is 4.140. I believe I should use the BBC Chevy 6.8 rods and then a piston from possible keith black. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wade

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
I just purchased a eagle crank that was a sock 460 stroke that was offset ground. The stroke is now 4.135 and rod journal is for Chevy 2.20. The question I have is what rod and pistons do I use? I have search the internet for 4.135 stroke 460 cranks but all I find is 4.140. I believe I should use the BBC Chevy 6.8 rods and then a piston from possible keith black. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wade
Wade, the possible piston & rod combos are near-endless. What exactly are you hoping to build (hp, etc) and what is the application (street, drag, etc)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m going to put this in a lowered truck. Looking to have somewhere in the 5 to 6 hundred horse range and would like to put some type of supercharging on it. I am looking to do some type of half mile or mile racing. The racing part would be a long term goal.

·
Premium Member
8,634 Posts
I’m going to put this in a lowered truck. Looking to have somewhere in the 5 to 6 hundred horse range and would like to put some type of supercharging on it. I am looking to do some type of half mile or mile racing. The racing part would be a long term goal.

The type of cylinder heads you intend on using will determine which pistons, dish volume and final C/R are appropriate.

SJ
used 2b RHP

:D

·
Premium Member
8,634 Posts
Even with a 38 cc dish which would be a custom piston your static c/r is too high for boost and pump gas.

A larger chamber is going to be necessary.

SJ
used 2b RHP

:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is the supercharger just for looks because at the power level you’re looking for it is not needed.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts

Wade
4.140 or 4.150 is the norm, same as a 2.200 rod, why would you want a 4.135 anyway? and yes use a 6.800 .990 pin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The crank had already been turned 4.135 iam not sure why this had been done. That’s why I’m checking because I’ve only seen 4.140 and wasn’t sure what rod and piston combo to use.
Thanks
Wade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts