460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my mud truck running again on a tight budget ( about $1500). The plan is to use a d1 block, stock crank, cj rods, I have d2ve heads (I already know they are not very good) and cast intake. I need to build a solid short block and can upgrade top end later down the road. The engine is a pain to pull out. The truck is almost 10,000 pounds and tires are about 56" tall. I have a 4 speed manual transmission with a 5 speed transfer case so I can have almost any gear I want. I'm wanting a good healthy engine, reliability is most important. The truck is just a toy, no competition. Want to use pump was. Will probably bore .030 over What cam and pistons should I use?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
as tough as that may be to R&I the engine. At least a set of D3ve heads, may be a good, inexpensive, addition to your base build. They can be found on 100's of Fords at any pick and pull. The Mad Porter is a fantastic resource, for a very reasonably priced Cam, ground to your needs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was lucky enough to find a set of c8ve heads. That was after I my block was assembled with a set of speed pro flat top forged pistons. This should put my CR at 11.5-12:1.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I was lucky enough to find a set of c8ve heads. That was after I my block was assembled with a set of speed pro flat top forged pistons. This should put my CR at 11.5-12:1.

You'll have to use at least some racing gasoline but other than that and the differences in the valvetrain it should work fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I was planning on that or looking into e85. It is at a lost of gas stations around me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts