·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Big Frank,

Dan Hobb's e.t. slip is the only one I signed. As stated, he had a .0000 perfect light. Lem may have signed one, that I'm unaware of.

A real big thanks goes out to you for offering to do this. :)

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Way to go Dan-O.:D You still got the touch there bud. Congrats to all for making the effort to show up and hold our flag high. Hope to make it to the Bash some day as do many others here. Don't even need to ask if all had a blast, as I know you all did.:cool:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Congrats To Kristina and Dan AWESOME JOB!!! .

The Lawyer team done a fine job and are fine folks

Dan also got runner up in the regular s/p program nightly program. That was no small feat either buy backs plus mulligan night , I think he went 8 or 9 rounds. Congrats Buddy you earned it !

·
Registered
185 Posts
I went 6 rounds in the regular program and there were still 12 cars left!! I got home at midnight. Good job Dan, and a great job by the Lawyer's. Looong weekend!!!

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Congrats to Kristina and Dan !!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I'm not sure how many rounds it was either? My tranny took a dump in the finals !! The Transbrake quit working.....My worst fear..the damn thing breaks again before the Hotrod reunion:eek: Got the moeny to fix it ,but the time frame is tight. I made 43 passes this weekend in both cars combined!! Winning the Pro class for the 2nd year in a row and getting the runner up in super pro ,and getting Frank's perfect light were all great;) But the most rewarding thing to me was seeing Nick get to run his car and have great results for all his hard work and dedication !!! i put in quite a bit of time on it too. I know he was frustrated with it, but to see such a great friend(more like a brother) have a good time was just undescribable. I'm so happy Julia and Stephen got to come too. I had a total blast,it's almost a nightmare trying to race 2 cars in 2 different races in the same day!! It'll show you any weak links on them for sure.:eek:

·
Registered
480 Posts
WOW!

I'm not sure how many rounds it was either? My tranny took a dump in the finals !! The Transbrake quit working.....My worst fear..the damn thing breaks again before the Hotrod reunion:eek: Got the moeny to fix it ,but the time frame is tight. I made 43 passes this weekend in both cars combined!! Winning the Pro class for the 2nd year in a row and getting the runner up in super pro ,and getting Frank's perfect light were all great;) But the most rewarding thing to me was seeing Nick get to run his car and have great results for all his hard work and dedication !!! i put in quite a bit of time on it too. I know he was frustrated with it, but to see such a great friend(more like a brother) have a good time was just undescribable. I'm so happy Julia and Stephen got to come too. I had a total blast,it's almost a nightmare trying to race 2 cars in 2 different races in the same day!! It'll show you any weak links on them for sure.:eek:
Dad Gum Dan, I don't think I make 43 passes a year. Nice job staying on top of things and winning to boot.

Kerry

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners and the runner-ups! Who were the runner-ups? Is any other results posted somewhere? Dan, you are going to have to become a Forum Contributor, so you can have more room to add to your signature!:cool:
Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.500 @ 124.95 1.16 60 Ft. 514 SCJ heads on alcohol 2008 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With The BIG Check

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Nathan Henning was runner-up in Super Pro from here in Ky .Cody Labrowski was runner-up in Pro...sorry if I messed up your name Cody!! Great young man ,he drove his pick-up from Green Bay ,Wi. to the bash!! It runs low 8's with an FE engine;) Totally awesome:DI hope you made it home safe Cody!! As for everyone ,I hope you had a safe trip home:cool::)

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Guys,

Runner-up in Pro was Cody Ladowski from the Green Bay, WI area. He and his brother Kyle and their Dad have been down here before, for the Thunder On the Green drag boat races and also for our Winter Tech Seminars. They're a great family. Cody and his buddy, (sorry forgot the name) ate breakfast with us this morning and then headed back to the north country. Don't worry, he's got a pocket full of money, and it's that "youth and enthusiasm thing"! We need more guys like him coming into the sport.

Runner-up in Super Pro was Nathan Henning who is from McQuady near Hardinsburg, KY. He had the silver/aluminum dragster running 4.80's. I had never met Nathan before and it was a pleasure finding somebody who raced another BB Ford, that was in our area. I invited him to start coming to race with us at Windy Hollow every Saturday night.

In the semi-finals Bobby Small (blue Mustang 4.90 car) raced him and Bobby had a .012 package. Nathan had a .009 package, so that had to be a VERY close race. Of course both of those cars were running in the fours.

Bottom line is, that if you come to the Bash, you better bring your "A-game":)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Congrats too all the winners/runnerups. WHAT A SHOW. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts