• Fords at Carlisle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Bowling Green Kentucky was the location with the best responce but I figured I would throw one more poll out there with some other suggestions and a few of the top vote getters from the first poll.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Well, the ALL FORD spring swap meet at the Columbus, Ohio fairgrounds is coming-up the first weekend in April but, I'm sure that is kinda early in the year for race tracks here in the north.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
We don't want to meet DURING the GS Nationals in Bowling Green. That's out of the question. Please reread my original post. I said the GS club did a demographic study of it's membership and determined that the I-65 area from Nashville to Louisville was the center of it's U.S. population. Bowling Green / Beech Bend was right there in the middle of it all. There are Ford events at Beech Bend with the NMRA Finals in the fall being one of them. Louisville's Ohio Valley Raceway is another viable option during some of the OSCA's Outlaw events.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
c.evans said:
We don't want to meet DURING the GS Nationals in Bowling Green. That's out of the question. Please reread my original post. I said the GS club did a demographic study of it's membership and determined that the I-65 area from Nashville to Louisville was the center of it's U.S. population. Bowling Green / Beech Bend was right there in the middle of it all. There are Ford events at Beech Bend with the NMRA Finals in the fall being one of them. Louisville's Ohio Valley Raceway is another viable option during some of the OSCA's Outlaw events.

Hope this helps,
The Ohio Valley Outlaw events are always a GREAT show! I'm sure some of you outlaw guys could race in the heads up categories!

http://www.ohiovalleydragway.com/street.html

I'd have to race in one of the bracket categories

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charlie..Sorry for the confusion. I found this event. Is this the one your refering to?
I am not familiar with the area.

National Event #9
8th Annual Nitto Tire NMRA World Finals
Beech Bend Raceway
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Sept. 28-Oct. 1, 2006

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Yes,

That's it. NMRA (National Mustang Racers Assoc.) The finals are held at Beech Bend. The show does seem to be dominated by small blocks, with a lot of the classes geared towards them. However there are big blcoks in several classes also.

·
Registered
305 Posts
There will be several folks at the Carlisle show, met Frank, Neville, Gary and Dan there last year and Chilly a couple years before. (also the two guys with the killer Galaxies whose names escape me right now)..
Here's to nice weather this year on Friday!!

Jim

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would vote for the NMRA finals @ Bowling Green. It's a great facility. It has a great dragstrip, an amusement park and a asphalt oval (oval is used as pit area for some of the heads up cars at the Finals though)

Reasons for Bowling Green.
1. Somewhat central location and easy Interstate highway access.
2. There is a huge area in the field below the 1/4 mile mark that not many use for a pit. This area would be large enough to have a gathering even with the race going.
3. For those that want to race, there are 3 bracket classes. Street, Sportsman bracket and Pro bracket. A class for all. Even if you just want to make some passes and not race then you can enter and just do the time trials. Races are both Sat and Sun.
4. An all Ford car show for those that like the show/shine. The show is display on Sat and display/judging/trophies on Sun.
5. Swap meet. It's mostly SBF stuff and Mustang parts, but any parts are welcome if you have some to sell.
6. Plenty of reasonable hotels and good food around the area.
7. Weather has been great that time of year the last 4 years that I've been there for this race.

What do you guys think?
David Cole

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bowling Green for me!

David; I agree that Bowling Green is the place. We both live in Alabama and Bowling Green is of a distance that we can easily make. If all goes well we plan to maybe bring our car up and race the bracket races this year along with the Fun Ford event at Commerce Georgia. You and I know that there will be several big block Fords in attendance this year along with all the baby blocks. Count me in!!!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I would like to see everyone get together in Bowling Green at the fall MNRA race . I have been reading the forum for a good while now but have just recently begun posting . I am in middle Tn. and will bring 4-6 big block cars with me . These are friends that I have told about the forum , and they have said they would make a trip to Ky. And Charlie I am coming to see you soon, I want a big steak this time!!

Blake Cartwright

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bowling Green

David another reason for BG is the brackets are 1/8 mile and since most southern tracks are 1/8 then all comers could run without more expense.If wifes health will allow it I would love to be there and meet everyone.

·
Registered
512 Posts
BG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote BG also. They have COVERED stands and it is an absoulutely beautiful place. No sunburns while you watch the races! Also, being in late summer, I should be ready by then!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Seeing as if I can get my car done in time and everything works out can a Carolina boy come hang out werever it is :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok guy's! bowling green seems to be the ticket and im willing to make the trip. Just a thought, instead of meeting at a big event NMRA, how about a lesser one. Only reason i ask is that place will be mobed at the NMRA, and it will be tough to get together. I personaly would like to meet my fellow BBF racer's. Just a thought. bz

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anything sounds fine to me...big or small. It would just be nice just to have a place alot of people could plan to meet.

·
Registered
941 Posts
bobby588 said:
Just a thought, instead of meeting at a big event NMRA, how about a lesser one. Only reason i ask is that place will be mobed at the NMRA,
Good thought. But, IMHO I think the NMRA Finals at Bowling Green would be great.

While the NMRA Finals is a large event, it isn't "huge" in terms of so many people you can't move. The facility is very large and can handle mnay more people than come to the race. The stands are full when the fast heads up classes are running, but otherwise there are plenty of seats. There is an area that is literally a 20 acre field that goes almost unused as far as pits/parking. I think there would be plenty of room to meet. Just set a time each day. Those of us that bring cars will all be able to park in this area and still have easy access to the road leading to staging, etc.

David Cole

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok dave, if you say it will work that's good enough for me. Im looking forward to this we can have some fun. It's a 1000 mile trip for me i hope you don't take me out in the first round :lol: . bz

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok dave, if you say it will work that's good enough for me. Im looking forward to this we can have some fun. It's a 1000 mile trip for me i hope you don't take me out in the first round :lol: . bz

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like the top 3 places were
1. Beech Bend in Bowling Green Ky
2. Norwalk Ohio
3. Richmond Motorsports, (virginia- I think)

I am not from these areas so I don't know how much help I could be but I was thinking maybe someone familiar with the locations could offer up some info to help us out finding Hotels, Dragstrips, carshows and dates etc.....

Maybe a Calendar of events link just under "Chilly's Garage" as a place to add information and also any other shows or possible get togethers.

So many people on this site have helped me out and I would someday like to meet up and have a Brew with all of you.

-Seacrest out-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts