460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bull crap cheap build up...

Car is a 90 hatch (3200lbs race weight with driver)
strange adjustable coil overs front and rear
mini tub
3.73 gears w/spool
thru the floor subs-10 point cage

Trans is a home bru'd C6
TCI 3500 stall with anti-balloing plates added from a local convertor shop and some other lil stuff

Engine

stock crank & rods
arp hardware thru-out
L2404 pistons
Cam hydralic flat 280/280 .565/.565 <was in it and gunna use it for now...

Heads are
Dove-c's CJ valves
heavy work on the exhuast, intake clean up & match
Bowl work de-shrouding & cc match
Heads are 66cc

should be around 10-1

Intake is a victor
carb is a AED specialties 750 for the moment will be getting a 1050 dom shortly

Headers are D&D 2" pri 3.5" collector full length fox body hearders

The car has a two stage plate but might not be used until the stock rods come out of it.

I'd like to be bottom 11's on motor or faster does this sound reasonable?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Couple questions

How much tire are you stuffing in those mini tubs? Be sure and tell us what it does run run when you get it out there.

·
Registered
900 Posts

This almost the same as my 83 tbird 466 dome piston 13.1 roller cam 654 lift eagle I beam rods 150 or 200 nos victor intake edelbrock heads 75cc clean up ports,c6 transbrake 3500 stall 9 inch,28-10.5 tire looking to go 9 Joe.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: 466

torinojoe1971 said:
This almost the same as my 83 tbird 466 dome piston 13.1 roller cam 654 lift eagle I beam rods 150 or 200 nos victor intake edelbrock heads 75cc clean up ports,c6 transbrake 3500 stall 9 inch,28-10.5 tire looking to go 9 Joe.
9's on the kit?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

torinojoe1971 said:
Yes 9s on the spray 10s on motor.
What track to you go to... I live in MI as well south of detroit downriver area... bu tI venture all over milan, norwalk, lapeer, etc...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some pics from when i got it to what it is now.. has had a few diffrent engine combos

stock 302 with some nitrous
347 with some nitrous

then what it is now

Don't mind my mess of a garage...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nice Stang 90Hatch.

You going to be at the Fun Ford Weekend at Norwalk?

I met Rick and his awesome 460 based Maverick there last year.

I always look forward to the Ford event at Norwalk(Summit Motorsports Park)

·
Registered
900 Posts

90hatch I go to milan lapeer usually. Where down river? I work in southgate, I work for the fire dept there. I live in Farm hills. Looks like some nice work on the car. Do you do any body work on the side? Let me know if you need some parts Joe. If you need a good trans guy I can hook you up and his prices are good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
511Fox said:
Nice Stang 90Hatch.

You going to be at the Fun Ford Weekend at Norwalk?

I met Rick and his awesome 460 based Maverick there last year.

I always look forward to the Ford event at Norwalk(Summit Motorsports Park)

I didn't go last year, bu tmy buddy goes every year. Kevin Cody the guy who won the longest wheel stand at the classic BBF n/a in a white capri..

he's the one who kinda finalized me making my mind up to go BBF and not build another windsor.

I'm trying to have the car done here within a few weeks and gunna try and make it down there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

torinojoe1971 said:
90hatch I go to milan lapeer usually. Where down river? I work in southgate, I work for the fire dept there. I live in Farm hills. Looks like some nice work on the car. Do you do any body work on the side? Let me know if you need some parts Joe. If you need a good trans guy I can hook you up and his prices are good.
Wyandotte... I done a lil body work on the side but still don't think I'm good enough to be paid to do stuff for someone.

I do any kinda of mechanical you could think of. From bolt on stuff to diag drive issues on newer stuff.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
90hatch,I talked to Kevin Cody a couple years back.

I was at the N.M.R.A race in Columbus real nice guy.I think he has a 540? with C-460 Heads?

Later Mark.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Re: 90hatch,I talked to Kevin Cody a couple years back.

Mark Miller said:
I was at the N.M.R.A race in Columbus real nice guy.I think he has a 540? with C-460 Heads?

Later Mark.
Mark, if you notice you are typing text in the SUBJECT line which only should be done when you start a new thread..........when you type, only type in the BIG box :wink:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: 90hatch,I talked to Kevin Cody a couple years back.

Mark Miller said:

Later Mark.
yeah he blew that thing up about two weeks ago on the rollers.

He got some engine sponsor from that wheelie contest and is putting together a 600+" mountian motor fo rit should be done here in a month or so..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts