460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a 30 over 460 I've been running in my 18' Kona jet boat for several years and I'm swapping this motor over to my new hull, a 21' Crusader mini daycruiser. Before I swap it I would like to break it down, check it out and look at a new cam and lifters.
Current build specs
460 bored .030 over and I believe I'm zero in the hole, stock crank, truck rods, d0ve c heads with stock valve sizes, 3/8 comp push rods and roller lifters as well as ported to Scotty's specs. Not 100% sure of the actual chamber cc's.
I'm running a set a BBC thru transom long tube headers (2" primary 4" collector) edelbrock Victor 460 and a QF 750 carb with a 2" aluminum spacer.
Current cam is a Schnider Racing 460 jet boat cam and hydrologic lifters
Lobe sep 112* 224 @ .050" 230 @ .050"
I believe my CR is 9.85

My goal is for more cam but how much I'm not sure? Would like to go with something closer to a 108* lobe sep and maybe a solid roller set up. Concerned about sucking water in thru the exhaust and I definitely need to stay on pump gas. Also there are future plans for a 521 stroker kit and I have another set of d0ve c heads that I want to bump up the valve sizes on and port.
Any help/ useful info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you everybody

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I guess either I didn't ask the correct question, wasn't clear what I was looking for or nobody cares?Yep, got it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What is you’re reasoning for wanting to reduce the LSA?
What are you looking to gain with this cam swap?
A cam that you install in this 466 may not be optimal if you step up to a 521 stroker.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Why more cam in a heavier boat? Seems backwards to me.
Typically BBF likes more ex split, like +12*. what is comp ratio?
Suggest trying out what you have in new hull and evaluating before changing stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts